Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUFvYO7tz5OAHZH3y8ypWOMAXmOnTW6l5vKtt1pNjHTDzSKKHbvg

March 20, first day of spring.  Enjoy the season despite its very cold start and snow prediction (i.e., nor'easter #4).  Prayers and thoughts for the entire Schmoo clan.  ((Hugs)) 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends..I have missed you dear friends!  Trying to catch up from the last two weeks.  It happened, I got the flu, full blown flu, down and out. But I am coming back!  I couldnt be near Mom so my dear brother did the best he could taking care of her and we made it through.  Mom has a new blood clot having to be treated from her groin to below the knee, but it looks like the meds that work with her chemo are helping.  The J's are holding on, God love them!  Sammy I see you are limping around again, I am so sorry.  BJ and Tissy continued prayers and Hugs to all the Schmoo Warriors, I hope evryone is doing the best posible.

Hugs Dear Friends

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wednesday report:  Greetings from Nor'easterville!  With a foot of snow on the ground and counting, I thought that wherever you are, you'd like to read a little humorous excerpt of Schmoo's book.  This concerns one area of his command:  the litter box:

Despite the deprivations he’d suffered prior to life with his newly selected servants – us – Schmoo set high standards for our employ. The bar he raised would not be compromised and, due to his impossible cute swagger, we caved on a regular basis.  

Nothing escaped his measuring stick – most notably, the litter box.

His inaugural tour through the cat “water closet” – a powder room on our first floor because we have no basement – resulted in pure cat contempt. He gave us the “black eyeliner” look when he saw one average-sized box and tried to turn around in it.  It was like watching the Titanic try to do a 180 in the kiddie pool:  way too tight on the turning radius, with disaster likely.  

After apprehensive hours combing through the offerings at several stores, I selected one with a bigger footprint and low sides.  He watched its installation then walked up for an inspection, sniffed it at several key areas then walked away. This signal in Schmoo Language meant “approved.”

Besides the box itself, the room it sat in and other variables (such as brand of litter), there was area in which Schmoo brooked no nonsense – hygiene.  Like most cats, Schmoo valued cleanliness, especially in the elimination department. Unlike most cats, he compelled us not only to conform to his view, but with his trademark relentlessness, obliged us to take steps at all hours to make it so.

When the box’s contents troubled Schmoo’s sensibilities, he would find DH then lead him to the litter box room – and plunk his butt down to begin the Schmoopervising.  Like a Buckingham Palace guard, he could not be swayed from this post until DH changed the litter, vacuumed and completed any other necessary tidyings-up.  DH then announced, “Fresh dumpoo!”

Only then did Schmoo break his stance, trot into the bathroom, scuff furiously to get just the right positioning and depth of deposit – then let it fly.  He concluded the entire procedure by racing at full speed up to the second floor to get away from the deed as quickly as possible.

It taught us two things.  Never run out of fresh kitty litter.  And realize that once you’ve adopted a cat with the command of Schmoo, you are not the boss of your own home. Ever again.

Schmoo birthday mommy.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Bravo Sammy,  Your words put me right in the middle of the Precious One's antics.  I could just feel his eyes watching you and DH to make sure all was perfect for him.  I cant wait to read more of the Schmoo tale...I want that book in my hot hands.  

Honored Contributor

Schmoo birthday mommy.jpg

Sammycat...

Absolutely loved the excerpt! Can't wait

to get my paws on the book...first printing

of course!

You truly have the gift and the ability

to "paint pictures" with your words.

Also loved the accompanying photo of

Schmoo in full "black eyeliner mode"! Cat LOL

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS,and all

of my cherished Schmoo sisters a

peaceful night.

(((((HeartGROUP HUGHeart)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1   "Start spreading the Schmoos.....!" Can't you just hear Liza -- or yourself -- belting that out?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Friday report:  Hello all in Schmooville! 

I'm glad you enjoyed the little excerpt on "Schmoo Poo" from the book.  Of course the infamous "Schmoo Poo Tunes" story, which started here thanks to @beauty junkie, will be part of it. 

DH has confined me to one floor of the house with this knee, and that's working better than me trying to do stairs with crutches or cane.  The other night between the knee and the back, the pain was intense. You know 3 a.m. is when you're in pain.

So I started to pray for so many here, and I read my Chicken Soup for the Soup book on gratitude (have I ever told you I write for them from time to time?).  The stories of people whose courage was inspiring -- and their gratitude in spite of tough struggles put my little injury into perspective and I immediately made a list of what I'm grateful for every day.

You may remember, I used to end my posts when Schmoo was still with us, "And we're grateful he's with us another day!"

It was true.  Although his heart beat too fast, I was grateful that it worked at all. Although he was tired a lot, I was grateful we could provide him soft, secure places to sleep. Although he had to go to the vet so often, we played soothing music there and back -- and it was always treat time when we got home. Although he needed a lot of medication, I was grateful for a steady hand to give him injections, pills, syringe feedings, etc.

I'm grateful for him because he taught me to be a better Cat Mom and a better person -- then, now and I hope always and always:

Schmoo miracle 2.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Sammycat your post moved me to tears.I'm so sorry you are in such pain but as you said Mr Schmoo endured it so we can too. I loved what showed us from the book,its brilliant. Hemmingway's got nothign on you.We are all so anxious to read the book.

Shop I'm so glad you are feeling better.The worst flu seaon ever the paper said.So sorry to read your Mom has another clot and praying she isn't in pain and it dissolves.

I hope TIssyanne and her Mom are ok.

beastie hope you are doing well.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop,

I just read that you have been sick with the flu. I hope you are better, and back with your Mom. I also read she has a blood clot, and was wondering if she takes blood thinners.

My Mom has a blood clot in her arm, and the doctor put her on a blood thinner (Eliquis) but her arm remains swollen, and is very hard. They told us the cancer is causing the blood clot, and I was wondering what your Mom experience has been as far as clots.

@Sammycat1, I  haven't seen any of the news for several days. I love your writings in Mr. Schmoo's book. Smiley Happy I hope Fay Wray is doing better

@beauty junkie, Thanking you as always for remembering my Mom, and me Smiley Happy

Sending love to everyone here. Always, higher than the sky.

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat, I saw your post today about me posting in an old Schmoo thread? I don't know how that happened, but I have been having problems with the QVC community the past few weeks I can only get on through FireFox, and the font is very small.

I enjoyed the picture of your kitty. I raised two black kitties and called them my  Sugarbears.

They are gone now, and missed so very very much.

Here is a picture of happy times.

20170415_233354.jpg