Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Monday report:  Checking in on all Schmoosters to see how you, your loved ones and your furry loved ones are doing.

The kitties endured the wallop of the remains of Hurricane Nate last night, which jolted us all awake. But now that they're used to living in their own palatial estate, they calm far more quickly these days.

Example:  Nothing says "relaxing me time" like sitting on DH's lap, grooming a front paw and getting ready to watch the Star Trek marathon Friday nights on BBCAmerica.  Frankie is definitely still a Captain Kirk kitty, even though she enjoys Mr. Spock from time to time, too:

Frankie cleanse star trek resized.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Glad to see you here Sammycat,I worry when days go by and you don't post. Glad all of you are ok after the storm and the girls did ok. Such a sweet picture of Frankie.The difference from the early pictures is night and day.

Seems everyone is taking a break from posting,sure hope things are ok.

Shop,Shops Mom.Tissyanne and her Mom.Its been quite a while since an update on Snuggles.

Praying everyone is ok and praying for anyone out in CA.These fires are awful.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends,  I hope everyone is doing as well as possible.  Sammy I am so happy the Girls are doing as well as possible.  Just a quick update, Mom is holding steady.  I will take her back for a weekly blood draw today.  We expect her counts will be bottomed out, so we will see.  One thing about going as low as you can, all you can do is come back up right?  The J's are doing A-ok for the moment.  They visited Mom over the weekend and they all enjoyed lots of hugs.  The boys didnt understand why Mom couldnt take nose kisses, but they survived haha.  Have a Blessed day Friends and I thank each and everyone of you dear friends for your daily prayers.

Tissy, I pray for your Mom and here journey daily.

Hugs Dear Friends.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tuesday report:   Good to see you, @beauty junkie, and @Shop Till you Drop -- and thank you for your updates.  We're always thinking about you and praying for you.

Today I am mulling a passage in the Schmoo book.  I'm finding that his journey--like so many of yours right now--puts me in a philosophical frame of mind.  What boggled me throughout that odyssey was how Schmoo became increasingly fragile with the decline of his health ... yet also increasingly resilient.

The finer the filaments that held him together became with wear and tear, the stronger they seemed to become, too.  Is this something a person or animal can control, or is it something we're born with?  And how is it possible to be both at the same time?

It's a puzzle I'll never fully understand, but I'm grateful our fighter boy had atomic-level resilience to go with his fragile state of health. It gave us good quality years with him we would not have had otherwise, and that's the nature of miracles.  We're not always supposed to understand, but instead simply appreciate and believe:

Schmoo profile 3.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Sammy, I have been amazed as well at exactly what you wrote the fragile body can turn on such a fight that it truly is amazing.   When one still has fight, it is an amazing thing to watch.  Thank you for your words that you write so lovely.

Honored Contributor

Hello Schmoo Family, 

I have just now read through the latest thoughts from everyone. 

@Shop Till you Drop, Your Mom and you remain in my prayers each day. I thank you for remembering my Mom and me. 

beauty, I hope you are feeling better these days, and I also hope your area has recovered from the hurricane. Thank you for remembering my Mom and me. 

@Sammycat1, I just love to read your beautiful words, and the pictures of Frankie, Fay Wray, and Trinity are so beautiful. These are some blessed kitties for sure. Thank you for always remembering all of us, and sharing. Smiley Happy 

@newtoallthis, I love seeing pictures of your Tessa. She is another one that is blessed beyond words. Smiley Happy 

Everyone, enjoy your Friday. 

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Greetings to all in the Schmoo Family -- hope you are all hanging on the best you can.

TrinTrin and the Kitty Sitter are not in harm's way directly from the California wildfires, but their area is so smoky now that they may have to temporarily move to a friend's home out of the Bay Area.  Yesterday she went out to run an errand, and her car was covered with ash.

Frankie is a little low.  She didn't eat much this morning and she's battling one of her worst eye infections to date.  If it doesn't clear soon, she's got to see the doctor.  I'd like to have a word or two with the hoarders that had our girls in living conditions so poor that their immune systems are shot. 

Their eyes are precious -- their windows to the world and our windows into their soul:

Frankie eyes.jpg

Trusted Contributor

prayers for sweet Frankie😻🙏🏻

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:   Hello, Schmoo Family!

I'm always on the lookout for sculptures or artworks that remind me of the Schmoo Man.  I came across one that I think captures the true essence of his personality -- a little tree ornament by Jim Shore. It even has his coloring.

It's 100 percent Schmoo to the core:  full of joy, tail on fire, living life to the hilt and skating (or sledding, in this case) along the edge of mischievousness, 24/7.

That's my boy.  Well, that's our boy:

Schmoo sled resized.jpg

Schmoo sled 2 resized.jpg

Schmoo sled 3 resized.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Sammycat that ornament is so precious and yes indeed its Mr Schmoo,the fearless and live life to the fullest kitty.

I am glad to hear TrinTrin and KS are safe. My cousin is in Ca. in the mountians and she said the air is awful but that she isn't under evacutaion orders yet.So very scary. How is Frankie doing? I know that all of us here would like to be with you to confront those low life hoarders who treated these beautiful babies so horrendously.They need to livethe same way and if I had any say about it they would.

Tissyanne hope your Mom is feeling ok and you also.

Shop thinking about you and your Mom.

beastie hope you are ok,its been a while since you have been here.

I hope Snuggles is ok,has anyone heard anything?

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!