Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone.

nycgurl Snuggles is so adorable,what a cutie and looks so good. I hope you guys will be safe. We are staying in our home cause my husband didn't want to leave.Mot of our neighbors are staying too. They were asking us today where is the little yellow cat,they were worried about Goldie. I am so happy she is safe and sound.

I have spoken with beastie on the phone and we will try and stay in touch.

Sammycat,Tissyanne,Shop,Beastie and newtoall this thank you all so much for the prayers. We truly need them. As of sometime tomorrow I will probably lose power. Hope everyone stays safe from this storm and all of the natural disasters that are occuring.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:   Schmoo Sisters of the South -- our hearts remain full and faithful for your safety and our prayers will the stay the course as Irma hits.  Know this: you will never walk alone.

We'll keep our noses on the lookout for gentler winds and bright sun to return to your homes on the other side of the dark:

Schmoo nose to the wind.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@newtoallthis - what a cutie pie Heart

Trusted Contributor

Hello Schmoosters - the waiting is the worst. Irma is on her way. She's a monster. I have prepared to the best of my ability. The winds are picking up and stray showers are coming through. I gave Snuggles a 1/4 Xanax this morning to see how he does - as per the vet and pharmacist. He is to get 1/2 to 1 whole during the storm. He's eating, but not great - he knows something is happening. He got very upset when I had to take his lounge chair in this morning. That was the last thing - I left it there as long as I could. He hates that all the furniture on the patio is gone. But, we are ready ...

To everyone in the state of Florida - please take care and I will continue to check in as long as I have power. HeartPhoto240.jpg

Honored Contributor

Praying for all the people and animals in harms way with this hurricane. 

I am concerned, but remain hopeful that the storm will weaken some before making its way across the miles. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Fellow Schmoosters - just a quick update. The storm is making landfall in the keys now. We have had a lot of tornados and wow the noise and it's only going to get worse. I am on the east coast so we are getting a hard hit as far as the rain and the bands going through. The west coast will get the hurricane impact winds and storm surge. The winds here have been constant and they continue to get stronger. I am lucky I got to have a hot cup of coffee before my power goes which is pretty much inevitable. Medicated Snuggles and he ate and went back to bed. I tucked him in because my house is freezing. I set the A/C down to 67 so we can stay as comfortable as possible for as long as possible with no power. But I remain optimistic that we will be OK.

Will check back later or when I can. 

If you are in Florida, please stay safe and post if you canHeart.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schmoo nose to the wind.jpg

Sunday Greetings...

I just spoke to beauty via phone. She

told me that they have lost their power

(thankfully her landline has a battery

back-up) and that she,DH and Cookie

are all hunkered down in the living room

and trying to deal with no A/C.

She told me that the worst is to

come around 6:00 PM tonight and

that she's scared.They are far enough

inland so that they won't be affected by

the storm surge but they will definitely

be hit with those insane,powerful winds.

beauty thinks that she might loose her

porch as well as shingles from the roof.

We promised to keep in touch and

I'll post any updates when I can.

nycgrl...

Read your last post and am sending

more prayers to you and your precious

boy.

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS and

all of my dear Schmoo sisters

a blessed day.

(((((HeartGROUP HUGHeart)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday report:  Hope everyone in the hurricane's path is hunkered down OK.

@beastielove, thanks for giving us the update on Beauty Junkie and we pray for her power to be restored and any damage to be minimal.

I was encouraged to see @nycgrl posting over in the jewelry forum this afternoon -- I hope it's a good sign that she and Snuggles are OK, too.

Prayers for all in their own life storms' paths to stay on an even keel.  Schmoosters have to stick together and keep the faith:

Schmoo faith 2.jpg

Honored Contributor

And yes, we are keeping the faith. Heart

original-8.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Dear Friends, I hope everyone weathered the storms as well as possible this weekend, weather related or life being life!  BJ- I pray, You, DH and Cookie are ok,  I know you need your A/C on as quickly as possible.  nycgrl, I am happy to hear you and snuggles are doing the best possible.  I watched tennis and the weather chanel all weekend, I think I am tv'ed out, but I just had to follow the storm.  I have friends and famly in Florida as well and so far all have checked in and are ok.

Stay strong Friends..Hugs