Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@nycgrl

Your boy is beautiful!  Cherish these times you have with him, however long they may be.  The last days, weeks, and months of my beloved pets now gone are what I still remember the best.  If we are very lucky, we meet those extra-special souls in this life.  It sounds like your boy is one of those.

Trusted Contributor

404.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Again I thank you all for welcoming me in. It is comforting more than you know, but I guess you do know because you are all here. I will post more pictures when I figure out how to do it better. I've got some really good ones and I try to take some everyday. He is so very precious (and he knows it). I do cherish every second - I barely sleep. It is so hard for me to leave him to go to work everyday. But the kisses and the head bumps when I get home are like nothing else. He greets me at the door and we have a whole routine - bedtime is another whole routine - it's comical. 

Honored Contributor

nycgrl wrote:

Hi Everyone - I just started reading this thread. I'm still at the beginning, but what a wonderful tribute. I came upon this because my boy (hard to write this out loud) has terminal lymphoma. He was diagnosed in February and given 1 to 3 weeks. Thankfully he is still with me and has quality of life, but we are slowing down. He is the love of my life - and I can tell from these posts that most of you can relate to this. Unless you've had and lost a pet, no one understands the pain and heartache. I'm not sure knowing the end is near is a good thing. I thought I wanted to know because I didn't with another one of my furbabies and swore that wouldn't happen again, so we kept on looking for the answers and found one - one I wish I didn't, but had I not he wouldn't still be here. We have been together for 11 wonderful years and I will not give up on him until he says so. We are fighting a good fight. I pray every night that we continue our miracle of life together because it is not time yet, but I will be a basket case when it is. 

I hope you will let me come here when that day comes.

Welcome to this cherished and much beloved thread!

I want you to know that each one of us who

posts here can relate to what you're going

through right now with your precious boy

because we've all been through it ourselves.

I do hope that you'll stop by as frequently

as you can,especially when you're having a

tough day.We'll all be there for you

in loving spirit.HeartWoman Happy

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

nycgrl wrote:

Photo240.jpgThank you for the warm welcome. My boy is a Russian blue named Snuggles.  He is my life. And holds my heart. This is him lounging un his petshade by the pool.

Me and my kitties...Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,

Henry and Jack (all rescues)...are sending

your purrcious boy lots of hugs and kisses!

Please deliver!HeartCat Happy

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nycgrl wrote:

Again I thank you all for welcoming me in. It is comforting more than you know, but I guess you do know because you are all here. I will post more pictures when I figure out how to do it better. I've got some really good ones and I try to take some everyday. He is so very precious (and he knows it). I do cherish every second - I barely sleep. It is so hard for me to leave him to go to work everyday. But the kisses and the head bumps when I get home are like nothing else. He greets me at the door and we have a whole routine - bedtime is another whole routine - it's comical. 

@nycgrl, Welcome to Mr. Schmoo's Place, 

I do understand the feelings that you are going through. The last months, weeks, days, and moments with a beloved pet are filled with pleasure, and a deep sadness that engulfs our very soul. I think @Sammycat1, said it best though, when she said to live in the moment, because that is all any of us really has. Your Snuggles is a handsome boy, and he is so very blessed to be loved very much. Enjoy him, and he will enjoy you because to him time is the present. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1, Oh, I did enjoy reading how Frankie found her way into the cabinets. My DH has found himself more than once through the years tearing the house apart looking for one of our cats. Smiley Happy My son and I would be gone, and he would think the kitty had gotten outside somehow. I remember coming home once in particular, and he said one Sugarbear is missing. I knew right away where that little darlin was, because I knew her antics. I said come, and look at the king sized bed made up with bedspread. She had crawled under the bedspread without disturbing it, and found her way to lay beside a pillow. She was a small kitty, and I knew she could curl into a position no bigger than a small shoe. Smiley Happy Ah, @Sammycat1, now you have guards on your cabinets. I love it. Life with pets is what makes a house a home. I hope everyone has settled in with the new mattress, and the extra scary delivery people are a distant memory. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Sammycat I can't believe what Frankie did,that had ot be funny and maddening at the same time. Now you need to babyproof the cabinets.I'm sorry she was so stressed by the bed deliveryl and hope she is ok now.

Shop keeping you and your Mom in my heart and prayers.We're all with you in whatever you both decide.

nycgurl your Snuggles is a beautiful boy and i'm so sorry for what you both are going through. This place here was a lifesaver for me when I lost my kitty Buddy so suddenly.You'll never meet a better group of caring ladies.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Friday report:  Greetings Schmoosters!  Thanks to all, from @geezerette  to @beastielove to @Tissyanne to @beauty junkie ....for your warm welcome to @nycgrl. Heart

And @nycgrl, thanks for the additional photos of Snuggles.  He is a hunka hunka burnin' love.  Smiley Happy

We're on Day 2 of "This Mattress Makes Us Crazy" in the Schmoo household.  Although Frankie's doing marginally better, she's still very jangled over this development.  We bought some spray Feliway last night and it's helping a little, but today, DH resorted to some drastic measures.

He said, "What these girls need is the Princess Treatment!"  and off we went to PetSmart.  We came home with a new carpet fort for watching bunnies and wildlife out the back yard window.  Then, the icing on the cake.  Two ceramic bowls saying "princess" on the inside and on both sides of the outside -- tiaras with actual crystals at their peak.

In times of stress, a girl has got to have her bling:

new carpet fort sized.jpg

new princess bowls sized.jpg

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nycgrl, I am so sorry for the difficult time that Snuggles and you are going through.  I just want you to know that both of you are in my thoughts. I have no words of wisdom, just enjoy each moment you have together Heart.

~

@nycgrl, I visit this thread sometimes and read the posts, look at the photos and heart them ... this is a very loving and caring group ... I don't usually post ... just once in awhile, this is one of those times.