Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Wednesday report:   I thought perhaps we could use a lighthearted moment, so here's a story today on my cats.

We were having a new mattress set being delivered, and they really have not adjusted well to other people (besides the Kitty Sitter and a few friends) in the house.  Delivery guys are extra scary.

DH worked from home, and about 15 minutes before the delivery was due, we could not find Frankie to save our lives.  We ripped the house apart.  I sat down to take a break in the living room, DH went back upstairs to work in the home office.  Suddenly, I heard a kitchen cabinet open and shut.  I walked into the kitchen, called her name.  Nothing.

Called up to DH that I heard a cabinet open and shut but there was no sign of Frankie.  He came down and we looked in the kitchen.  No kitty!  He said, "Do you think she could get these doors open?"  I said, no way, but let's check anyway.

DH pulled open a lower cabinet near the dishwasher and there peeking out from behind our oatmeal and dry goods:  Frankie the Cat!  It was like that scene in the movie "The Christmas Story," where Ralphie's little brother Randy hid in the kitchen cabinets.  We let her stay there and later, after the delivery, she let herself back out!

Now we have to put those things to prevent toddlers from opening cabinets all over the house.  We have a Houdini in our midst:

Schmoo Frankie cat tree 3.jpg

Respected Contributor

How clever of that girl!  Peek-a-boo, Frankie!

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends,  Thank each and everyone of you who lifted Mom and I in prayer these last years and days.  We got knocked back, but we have a strong fighting spirit, but like the one that brought us all to this wonderful group of Friends, our Dear Mister Schmoo.  We have rested, studied up a little, but not too much because the internet will scare you to death, and banded together to once again be prepared for what may or may not come.  HUgs Dear Friends and Have a Blessed week.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone - I just started reading this thread. I'm still at the beginning, but what a wonderful tribute. I came upon this because my boy (hard to write this out loud) has terminal lymphoma. He was diagnosed in February and given 1 to 3 weeks. Thankfully he is still with me and has quality of life, but we are slowing down. He is the love of my life - and I can tell from these posts that most of you can relate to this. Unless you've had and lost a pet, no one understands the pain and heartache. I'm not sure knowing the end is near is a good thing. I thought I wanted to know because I didn't with another one of my furbabies and swore that wouldn't happen again, so we kept on looking for the answers and found one - one I wish I didn't, but had I not he wouldn't still be here. We have been together for 11 wonderful years and I will not give up on him until he says so. We are fighting a good fight. I pray every night that we continue our miracle of life together because it is not time yet, but I will be a basket case when it is. 

I hope you will let me come here when that day comes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thursday report:  Frankie walked around, totally freaked out over the new mattress, all night.  She groomed too much and pulled out some fur, she was so upset. She finally took a nap this afternoon while I held her.

@Shop Till you Drop

It's good to see the fight in your words.  Wherever you go, we're right with you.

@nycgrl

Welcome to the Schmoo Family from your OP!  I started the original of this thread back in Jan. 2011 when my Schmoo was diagnosed with biventricular congestive heart failure -- very rare, almost always immediately deadly.  The kitty love of my life, he lived for an unprecedented 3 years in spite of it, to just shy of his 18th birthday.  The posters here provided emotional support, loyal the whole way through tears and triumph, and now we are bonded. 

Please tell us the name of your beloved kitty (or pup).  Our prayers go up immediately for you both. Know that your posts are always welcome. Whatever you're feeling and whenever you're feeling that way, post. As pet moms, we know how much your heart hurts but we are with you. 

In the meantime, be like your boy:  live in the moment, enjoying every single one.  I know that he is because he's got a mom who cherishes him:

Schmoo February 19 2014.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Photo240.jpgThank you for the warm welcome. My boy is a Russian blue named Snuggles.  He is my life. And holds my heart. This is him lounging un his petshade by the pool.

Esteemed Contributor

@nycgrl

Well it was meant to be for you to join us.  Snuggles is so handsome, and you can tell he's also so playful and joyful!

He looks like someone I loved (and love) dearly, my first boy -- Sammy the Cat -- also a Russian Blue, who passed some 12 years ago:

Schmoo Sammy on bed.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop

I rarely post in this thread, but I do read it often so I know the brave battle your mom and you have been waging.  I can't even begin to imagine how you both must feel at this point.  

I will keep you both in my prayers, miracles do happen!

Trusted Contributor

026.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

026.jpg

This is my handsome, mischievious boy Heart