Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Monday report:   Hello to all Schmoosters at this beginning of our week.  Hoping everyone is on a positive or even keel!

Frankie saw her most excellent vet today and she has uveitis -- a painful inflammation of part of her eye. He believes it's a consequence of the progression of her dry FIP.  We at least caught it in time to prevent glaucoma or loss of vision.  It's something she'll probably have off and on for the rest of her life.  Her eye was completely clouded over.

She was very brave throughout her eye exam, blood work and antibiotic injection (she had a fever).  It was crowded today at the vet's, with many sick dogs in particular who were panicked and barking a lot -- a rough trip to the vet's today for sure.

But she is with us and at home where's she loved -- and she's a blessing, no matter how sick she becomes.  We're very glad she belongs to us and we belong to her:

Frankie snooze.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I am so happy Frankie's vision will get better since it was caught so early.  The J's are the J's mostly great moments a few iffy ones thrown in for good measure.  Mom is still needing to regain strenth, but we are anxiously waiting to go to an event next week on the 31st.  I hope she can feel her total best.  I will tell you guys about it on the 1st., its a little quirky but should be good for a laugh or a possible good cry..Will share next week.

Have a blessed week dear friends..hugs

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:  Greetings Schmoosters.  Frankie's eye is still bothering her, but she felt fiesty enough this morning to chatter so loud that a bunny on the back deck ran away!

Then of course it's off to nap time.  Note the symmetry of the paws at sleep.  @beauty junkie , this one's for you -- the pink jellybean toes are all yours. @Tissyanne , the nosy isn't speckled but it's a cute shade of pink:

Frankie perfect 10.jpg

Valued Contributor

She's precious.  I'd love to give those soft back feet a gentle squeeze - think she'd let me?  My Kiki even lets me massage her toes.  Kitters says, "No way!" to playing with kitty paws.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good evening Schmoo family, 

Love this picture of Frankie. @Sammycat1, that nosy is precious, and she looks so happy. Makes my heart happy. Smiley Happy 

We had rain today, and tonight in the low 40's. Tomorrow in the 90's, and Thursday at least 100. Well, the cool rain was wonderful. 

I hope everyone is doing okay. I bought groceries for my Mom this morning, and ate lunch at her house. The surgery is 3 weeks old today, and she is now walking with a cane. Her swelling is gone, and legs are even. Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Sammycat what perfect little tootsies,how I'd love to kiss them. I adore the little jelly beans toes.I sure hope Frankies eye feels better.Such lucky girls to have you for a Mom now and I hope with your vets help they can have many good days to enjoy all that you have to offer them. How cute about the bunny.

Shop looking forward to your storay and I'm sure I'll cry thats what I do best.lol

Tissyanne how wonderful that toyr mom is doing that well so soon after surgery.

beastie any big plans for your birthday thats coming up soon?

Hope everyone is doing well,its been so brutally hot here and that affects my health so I am going to finally get myself a bathing suit and use the pool we have here. I need a bathing suit like the ones in the movie Cheaper by the dozen,goes down to the knees.lol

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  We're swimming in eye drops here at the House of Schmoo.  The girls are on 4 different types!  They take them like champs, though -- miraculous considering about a year ago when we first got them that they'd tear a hole in us when we tried to give them an ear drop.

@lynne6was7Frankie, once she put you through a multi-month "get to know her" program, would probably let you pet the tops of her toes.  Touching the bottoms so far is strictly forbidden!

@Tissyannegreat to hear that your Mom is bouncing back so well and the legs have evened out.  That happened to my hospital roommate who got her hip done...uneven at first then everything got into sync.  Come up here for a visit, we were a cool 70 degrees today (which is crazy cool for us!)

@beauty junkieI live to please with photo ops of Jelly Bean toes.  Schmoo permitted a "light fondling" of the jelly beans, but then he'd retract. I bet he'd let you have a smooch though.  Smiley Happy

We're looking forward to when Frankie's eyes improve enough that she can right back in the saddle watching TV and playing video games with DH.  That will be a sight for our sore eyes:

Frankie video games.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sammycat, I am glad to hear that the girls are letting you put in their eye drops, they know that, even if the liquid stings or tastes funny when it runs down their tear ducts and into their mouths and throats, it is still medicine that makes their eyes better, meant to help them see and feel their best.  I keep Frankie and Fay Wray in my prayers every day.

To everyone in the Schmoo family, I keep you all, your pets and your human family members, in my prayers for health and healing every single day, even if I don't post often.  We are all bound together in the web of love of our pets and of one very special pet, a mystical, magical lion of an orange tabby cat named Schmoo.

Honored Contributor

http://www.pbspettravel.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/cat-quote-2.jpg

Have a happy Thursday everyone.  (((Hugs)))

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Frankie perfect 10.jpg

Purrs-Day Morning Greetings

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS and

all of my wonderful Schmoo sisters

a beautiful and blessed day.

Sending out special healing prayers

to Shop's and Tissyanne's moms,

beauty and her DH, and to all

of my other Schmoo sisters or their

dear family members who are in need.

Sending out special healing prayers

to Frankie,Fay Wray, the double J's

and to all of the other precious furbabies

who are in need. They all have a large

furry orange angel looking out for them!

beauty... To answer the question

you asked me if I had any plans for

my upcoming birthday...as of now

there are some things in the works.

Since it falls on a Monday this year

(it's on the 5th) I'll do my partying

over the week-end! The best present

that I could receive would be to have

my Tabitha with me. So far it looks

like she'll be there!

Good luck finding that bathing suit!Cat LOL

(((((HeartKITTY LOVE HUGSHeart)))))