Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Happy Mothers day to all of you wonderful Mom's here. I have no human kids but sure do love my babies as any Mother loves hers.

Tissyanne so glad your mom is doing ok. I hope you are,worried about you.

Sammycat how are the girls doing? I hope the eye problem has cleared up. If anyone deserves a good Mothers Day its you.

Shop hoping your mom is feeling a little better and has a Happy Mothers day tomorrow.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schmoo Mother's Day 3.jpg

Some of us have children with four legs

and fur while others who post here

also have the two legged variety as well!

We're all mothers who love our babies!Heart

Wishing Sammycat,KS and all of my

Schmoo sisters a beautiful,blessed

and very HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

(((((HeartMOTHER'S DAY HUGSHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sunday report:   I hope everyone had a very nice Mother's Day.  @beauty junkie, Fay Wray's and Frankie's eye infections keep "re-igniting" and jumping from eye to eye.  We'll keep after them until they decide to leave (the eye infections, that is -- not the cats).

A mother's work is never done:

Schmoo Mommy 2.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends, I hope everyone had a nice weekend and a happy Mother's day.  Saturday  the J's were supposed to be groomed, but Joey decided to scare me to dead.  He woke up fine, ate and was resting when I went in another room to get dressed.  i glanced out the bathroom door and he was sitting with his back hunched up and was sick looking.  I went to pick him up and he hobbled away from me.  Well knowing when he was in kidney failure, this is exactly what he did with his back pulled up.  It was 11:00 and my vet is only open till 12:00 on Saturday.  I litteally ran with him to the car, called the vet in  tears while driving to see if Dr. B was in.  He was but totally booked.  I told  them I would just sit for the hour in case they could fit him in, the office front office lady whom I had never met was not happy.  Finally at 10 minutes to noon, Dr. B came out and picked Joey up from my arms and carrried him to the exam room.  I was totally crying my eyes out, because for almost the entire hour he layed on my shoulder whimpering.  After a full exam nothing seemed extremely wrong.  All organs felt fine, his kidney seemed full and ok. I asked for a blood workup and everything was within basically normal range fro Joey.  Finally Dr. Bob said it seems like his front shoulder seems to be a bit tender and his hind leg a bit wobbly as well.  He thinks he must of jumped off the couch to quickly coming to see me and probably had a little stinger, as he reminded me the boy is getting old!! Well I guess this puppy mommy just freaked out a little too quickly by the time we got home he was ready for lunch, qucik potty break and back to his afternoon nap!!! Oh goodness but he was so upset when he came to me.  Dr. B did send a little pain med to take as needed, and he did favor that side a little over the weekend, but all in all the J's are as ok as they can be, but missed grooming day...Oh my...what we mom' s go through.  But I did spend some nice time both Saturday and Sunday with my special mom and she too was doing as best she can.  We went to the nursery and picked out some pretty plants for her front flower beds and and planters for the backyard and came back and I got those planted for her and she was beyond thrilled tha we could do that together.  My brother came and took us both to dinner on Saturday, So between cards and dinner and presents and plant shopping and planitng and talking about the good ole days of us growing up, I lett her last night with a happy smile on her face and that made me smile too.  

Have a great week dear friends, and lets just roll with the flow this week Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Monday report:  Goodness' sake, @Shop Till you Drop -- you had one heck of a Mother's Day weekend!  Good to know the pup is OK and that your Mom had a good day.

@Tissyanne-- we hope the same is true for you as you take care of your Mom after her hip replacement surgery.

Fay Wray is a little backed up in the #2 department ... this is the first time she's been off of antibiotics since we've had her.  (She's congested still but no longer sneezing, thank God.)  So, @beauty junkie, if you are so inclined, and in the tradition of the original Schmoo Poo Tunes, would you give us the benefit of your musical stylings so I can get this girl to do the deed?

Fay Wray thanks you in advance:

Schmoo Fay Wray closeup.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I used to have a beautiful black Persian unofficially named "Minnie." Officially she was Marquesa Minerva de Felina...Anyway, Minnie eventually passed away from intestinal sarcoma after years of mystifying litterbox behaviors. She wouldn't poo in the box most of the time. I tried everything known to man and cat and vet and everyone else. I sang a little song to her:  "Minnie Moo...why can't you...use your litter box? Minnie Moo...why can't you...use your litter box? All ya gotta do is jump right in...turn around and take a dump. Once you're done...cover it up...and outta the box you'll jump.  Oh oh oh Minne Moo...why can't you...use your litter box? Minnie Moo...why can't you...use your litter box?"

She would just look at me with her big orange eyes. And I felt so silly singing the little song, but it helped while I cleaned up!

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Wow Shop what a weekend you had and I'm sure any one of us would have been in the same panic as you.I'm so glad everything is ok and that you and your Mom were able to celebrate Mothers Day.

Lonestarbabs your kitty was a beauty,so sorry for your loss. Cute  poor tune,love it.

Sammycat I am going to borrow one of my old MrSchmoo poo tunes that was one of my earliest and favorites. I hope it helps Fay Wray,

You put your right paw in and take your right paw out,you put your rear end end and you shake it all about,you do the hokey pokey till the poop falls out,thats what its all about!!

TIssyanne sending prayers for you and your Mom.

beastie I hope Tabitha is doing ok and will be with you for your birthday next month.

Hope everyone is Schmooville is doing ok

The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tuesday report:  We're going from the 70s to the 90s tomorrow.  I'm back on the battlefield and the ankle is only partly cooperating -- and it appears the entire 8th grade of the United States is here on tour this week!  It is good to see them still coming though.

@LonestarBabsthanks for sharing the poignant story of your Minnie Moo.  I'm glad there's one more person who has sung "poo tunes" to their cats as an incentive.  My Sammy the Cat, gone 12 years now, used to love to watch Elvis Presley specials on TV -- he rolled around on his back when Elvis sang, "Hunka hunka burnin' love."

@beauty junkieyou are the MASTER.  I sang your poo tune 2.0 to Miss Fay Wray, and within a half hour, she did the deed.  She's getting a little pumpkin in her food to help her along.  But there is nothing like a Beauty Junkie song.  I can see the billboard now:  "Poo Tunes by Beauty Junkie -- helping cats get to No. 2 for almost 10 years."  A look at your favorite customer, pink paw pads and all:

Schmoo paw pads.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1  Maybe it was your singing voice, more than @beauty junkie's song, that did the trick? LOL My apologies if you're actually a really good singer....Whatever the case, glad Fay Wray is getting some relief.

Trusted Contributor

Sammycat I'm so glad Fay Wray was able to do the deed. I hope it helps her to feel better. Wow your weather sounds like ours. 90 is high even for Fl this time of year but in PA,holy cow.Hope you can stay cool. Thank you so much for the picture of MrSchmoo and thoses wonderful tootises that I so love.

The Rainbow Bridge!!!