Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

I was looking today as the painters and carpenters are getting ready to finish up. Tibbs sprayed and created havoc and damaged so much, Thomas loved to shred the sofa, chair (which were a recent purchase) and he liked to sharpen his claws on two particular door facings, Trixie must of been the supervisor assigning destruction duties. That is until he got sick and destroyed the carpet. There is a wooden hutch that a guy said he can repair and someone is coming to measure for blinds...But oh my I would give it all just to have my boys back, spraying, sharpening claws and just being cats! Because there is no price on love. Nothing in my home was as important as them! I miss them so!
Live and prayers to my Schmoo sisters.
Esteemed Contributor

Sunday report:  Newtoallthis, you hit the nail on the head with your lovely post (and you, too, Beauty Junkie). 

They bring so much to our lives, each distinct as fingerprints from one another.  The memories of their whimsical sides and grumpy sides and comforting sides and comforted sides are the grace we receive for accepting them into our homes and hearts forever.

Sometimes those memories bring tears, but very often they bring the biggest smiles, for we shared our lives with them and they showed us that they understood how deeply they were -- and are -- cherished:

Schmoo April 17 2016.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I so agree with both of your comments,Sammycat and newtoallthis. I am constanctly covered in Cookie's hair as she is a big shedder and always have hair all over all the place and I dread the day that I won't have her fur all over me. I don't care that she loves to rub her wet little nose all over my glass doors or furniture,she makes our house a home.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sammycat1 wrote:

Sunday report:  Newtoallthis, you hit the nail on the head with your lovely post (and you, too, Beauty Junkie). 

They bring so much to our lives, each distinct as fingerprints from one another.  The memories of their whimsical sides and grumpy sides and comforting sides and comforted sides are the grace we receive for accepting them into our homes and hearts forever.

Sometimes those memories bring tears, but very often they bring the biggest smiles, for we shared our lives with them and they showed us that they understood how deeply they were -- and are -- cherished:

Schmoo April 17 2016.jpg

Monday Morning Greetings Cat Happy

Sammycat...

I agree 100 purr-cent with what you,New,and beauty wrote. These amazing creatures fill my life with their unconditional love, scratch the daylights out of my wicker trunks (even though there are a gazillion kitty scratch pads all over the place!), leave gross,wet hairballs in places where I'm sure to step on them when I'm walking barefoot around the cottage, and from time to time (such as was the case three days ago), leave the corpse of some poor little fieldmouse either in the middle of the floor or on a piece of furniture. Thankfully they've never left one on my bed!

brb and Tissyanne...

I know that Texas is being hammered with torrential rain that is causing terrible flooding and destruction. I pray that you,your families and your furbabies are safe and sound. If there's anyone else who posts here who also lives in Texas, my prayers are going to you as well.

Sending lots of healing prayers to Sammycat and her mom,beauty and her DH,Shop and her mom,Streetangel, and all of the other dear members of this wonderful family who are in need.

Sending more speacial prayers to all of the precious furbabies who are in need, all of the precious animals who are in shelters awaiting rescue, and all of the precious homeless animals who are trying to survive on the mean streets.Heart

Wishing everyone a fabulous day and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings each one of you much happiness and lots of good health. Cat Very Happy

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Valued Contributor

Beastie- girl, I guess I'm following you today!  Lol. Sammycat, Beastie, Beauty, and New-Amen sisters!  Tissyanne-worried about you sweet friend. The storms just missed us but I'm thinking you may have had a direct hit???  Let us know you are ok. Prayers to ALL friends of SchmooCat HappyHeart

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends,  I hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend.  We are heading into the 2nd day of straight rain and the Double J's are not happy one little bit.  Joey dares me to tell him to stop licking his toes, since it is my fault that are sore from rubbing and cleaning his little muddy feet 20 times a day.  Good news, rain should end on Wednesday....grrrrr

Hugs Friends.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brbfromTX, We had rain in the forecast for last Friday and this weekend, but the storms are all east of us. We did receive some rain late last night, but nothing major. Thank you for thinking about me. 

@beastielove, I read your sweet words about your kitty family. They sure do make our houses a home. I miss the days when both of my Sugarbears were with us, and they were the best entertainers. I did not know it then, but I was living in heaven on earth. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  I am glad to read all of you in the path of these storms is safe.

Tonight's report is through tears -- and smiles.  As we've been posting to one another, sharing your life with a pet means in shredded furniture, "surprises" on the floor, sluiced rivulets of toilet paper, torn window screens, big vet and food bills, ruined rugs.  For me, it also led to unparalleled joyful moments that became years filled with catnip bag battles, deep-dish naps, plaintive meows, "toasting" in sun patches, editing sessions, Prairie Justice confrontations and so much more.

My Schmoo lost his battle with heart disease three years ago tomorrow. But he won the hearts of DH and I, his doctor, our friends and family -- and most of you -- forever.

He lived with an unmatched exuberance, this cat abused and abandoned for a decade before he chose us.  And the achievement I'm most proud of is helping him live the life he had left as gloriously as he wanted.  ALL cats and dogs should have that opportunity -- whether they are healthy or ill, young or old, one of many or the only pet in a family.  Giving to them brings us the greatest of rewards from them:  love with no conditions, love with no end.  Giving to them makes us better people: More patient.  More humble.  Kinder. More understanding.

This year we bought flowers in yellow to symbolize the sunbeams he brought to our lives and purple in honor of his regal nature, in the photo below. His St. Francis fountain is up and running, and soon flowers will fill his garden. 

I ask tomorrow one simple thing:  that you celebrate his life and our friendship here by "schmooching" your beloved furry ones (or blow a schmooch to your ferals) for me.

For even though tomorrow marks the day I lost my beloved kitty soul mate, it's also reason to rejoice:  for he lived on that day.  I held him, cuddled with him, fed him, stroked his fur, sang to him, kissed him on that now-famous speckled nosey, gave his pills to him -- and had the privilege of saying to him, as I did so many times, "Mommy and Daddy love you, always and always, higher than the sky and higher!"  

And those words remain true, forever true:

Schmoo third anniversary.jpgSchmoo Year 3.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Exquisitely, beautiful post. How amazing that one cat brought us all together here to laugh, to cry, to grieve, to rejoice. How very blessed we are.... Hugs to all.
Contributor

Sammycat - what a beautiful tribute for your sweet Mr. Schmoo.  He was truly blessed to have picked you and your DH for his parents - 

I'm sending hugs your way as well as to Mr Tibbs Momma on her recent loss. My heart aches for all the fur babies we have lost amongst us but realize they were given to us to bring us joy even if just for a short time. 

Hawaii is just a few short weeks away and still hope we can expand our little family when I return. I so miss the cuddles, kisses, fur everywhere.........