Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Wednesday report:  Tissyanne, that's great news about Sugarbear--thanks for updating us on her health status!  She is a tough fighter, and I'm sure with your excellent care and love, she will continue to hold her own.

I read Schmoo's lab reports like part cat mom, part scientist--knowing each number inching toward the better end of the scale meant a better quality of life for my boy. Often, his demeanor belied the turmoil of chemistry going on under all that fur in the battle between his heart failure and kidney failure. A point or two in the right direction became a major victory.

One thing those numbers could not measure:  his pluck. Once his BUN was so high (20 points above Sugarbear's!), the vet said it was amazing his kidneys worked at all. He couldn't believe he was still peeing, let alone alive! 

But the Schmoo Man spit in the face of numbers. As in the photo below, he still did most of his activities despite bad labs, including contorting his considerable hulk into a perfect ball to fit on top of the carpet fort to catch a few rays. A Man Cat's got to do what a Man Cat's got to do, numbers be d*mned:

Schmoo small places.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Tissyanne so glad to  hear Sugarbear is doing alright. I'm sure thats a big relief right now. I pray for your baby every single day and will continue to do so. She is so lucky to have you for her Mom.

Sammycat how cute is this picture.Can't believe how Mr Schmoo could fit all that gorgeousness into that bed.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Love the photo of our Schmoo. He knew how to fit in and get comfy. He was very secure, and relaxed. Very wise kitty. Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

003.JPG

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone,   haven't been on for awhile, we have moved and been very busy!  This is me, MIshka....and I followed Sammy's instructions on how to post a picture and here is Abigail's picture....the font size is not right but at least I sort of "got it"  and I really hate this new way to finding "anything"......glad to see so many of you are still on this forum...

I posted in Wellness last week and can't find my post anywhere....oh well....guess it's hard to get use to these new things at the age of 69..

Hope you all have a wonderful week,

Mishka...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thursday report:  Greetings, GrandpaRM (Mishka) -- glad you found us and thanks for posting that glorious of photo of Abigail -- she is a cutie!  Love her speckled nose and beautiful coat!

Today while writing the book-length "Schmoo Tales," I kept struggling with one paragraph in particular.  It was about our family here, and I was trying to capture how our friendship came together and stayed together.  Despite my best efforts, the words just wouldn't flow for hours.

Then I strapped on my ipod and listened to music that reminded me of my editor, Schmoo. And, suddenly, floating along the harmony's notes, they finally came (and you will read them one day).

How I miss my steadfast editor Schmoo.  He was my champion and my severest critic (when I needed it) ... as in the photo below.  I had just read him a passage for his comment. His expression leaves no doubt on his assessment -- "needs work:"

Schmoo needs work.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Aww clearly MrSchmoo was thinking of how to tell you he was not impressed,lol. Such facial expressions he had,love them all.

Abigail is such pretty girl,love her coloring. Thanks for sharing her beauty with us.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Love the photo of Abigal. What a cute girl. Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Uh oh, Mr. Schmoo clearly did not like what he was hearing and seeing. Lol. My goodness, what an opinionated fellow! He has the same expression as me with these new boards. Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

Sammy, I am so happy the words came to you.  Our Schmoo Clan prayed for the health of our warrior, and now we continue to pray for each other, our furry ones and our loved ones.  You just cant find a situation like this everday, and I feel so  blessed we have what we have, a very Dear band of friends and warriors.

(hugs have a blessed weekend Friends)