Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Central Park incident...

I realize this is a Pets Lovers board- but the horrific way the woman acted towards a HUMAN being is inexcusable. Chris Cooper, the gentleman, has gone on the record saying he discourages the threats towards the woman  -- that it doesn't solve the problem of racism in our country. 

Yes, she lost her job and her dog -- and has apologized (maybe because she got caught ??!). But now she's getting death threats! 

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

There must be two incidents,  I live in NY and I have not heard of this one.

There was an incident with a woman with an unleashed dog and a man asking her to put it on a leash, she escalated the incident into a racial one

It was the same incident @I am still oxox .  Before putting the leash on the dog she grabbed him by the collar and the poor dog was twisting and turning trying to get away.  obviously she was hurting him.  She finally put him on the leash.  It was tough to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Foxxee  "I've been following this story closely;"

No you haven't, based upon your comments. 

@Mz iMac @Foxxee The woman was wrong from the beginning.  Her dodg was off leash which is not allowed  in that area of the park. Had she been in compliance there would have been no problem.  Guess she doesn't think rules apply to her.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac @Mz iMac 

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Foxxee  "I've been following this story closely;"

No you haven't, based upon your comments. 

@Mz iMac @Foxxee The woman was wrong from the beginning.  Her dodg was off leash which is not allowed  in that area of the park. Had she been in compliance there would have been no problem.  Guess she doesn't think rules apply to her.

True...but does he monitor parking meters too?  How about those who don't use the crosswalk?  It would have been none of my business if someone's little dog was running off leash....not hurting anyone.  Let the park police catch her.  

Valued Contributor

The guy is a birder.  Dogs are forbidden to run offleash in that area for a good reason.  He had every right to politiely ask her to put a leash on her dog.  (This coming from a dog lover/owner who allows her dog to run free when permissable).  She behaved awfully.  I hope her dog finds another home and has a happy life.

Trusted Contributor

The Cocker was taken back by the rescue that adopted it out a few months ago, Abandoned Angels Cocker Rescue.   I know of this rescue and it is a good rescue.   When they saw the video they immediately got the dog back.