Trusted Contributor

Re: That Central Park incident...

@Justholdingon wrote:

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

So distressing to watch that poor cocker spaniel being abused on that video. I'm so grateful its been given another chance, but can't help but wonder what the poor thing endured in that woman's home behind closed doors. 

that video of that poor dog made me sick to my stomach. that one plus the Minneapolis one. 

@Justholdingon 

Me too. 

⚓️
Super Contributor

i am so glad to know that I am not the only one who was concerned about that poor dog as the lady dragged it by its collar and caused it to whimper as she raged on.  And thanks for letting me know that the dog was returned to the shelter.  So the dog was apparently fairly new to her, and still she had it off leash in an area that requires a leash.  How irresponsible can a person be.  That woman is a menace to man and beast.  A beautiful dog, and I hope it finds a wonderful forever home.

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters 

That what confused me was the breed of the dog, this dog looks more like a Shepherd than a Cocker Spaineil

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Picture is a little fuzzy but I think it's a cocker spaniel?

8AD70E05-FDB8-45F2-A39D-711D6DDFBB7C.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters  I am in NY and from the videos shown here, the dog appeared to be pretty large

@Tribesters wrote:

@I am still oxox 

Picture is a little fuzzy but I think it's a cocker spaniel?

8AD70E05-FDB8-45F2-A39D-711D6DDFBB7C.jpeg

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We're all concerned about the dog.  As far as I can see, the dog was not harmed.  

I've been following this story closely; however, I still don't know all the facts.  All the evidence I see is a short clip of a video.  What happened before and after?  

She appeared to me to be very frightened.  How she was backing up and pulling her dog with her. Why did he videotape her.  That would frighten me if a stranger did that to me.

Evidently, there were very few people in the park.  Didn't she say he appeared out of nowhere?

Now, this is being made out to be a racial issue.  Isn't it always?

I don't know exactly what happened, neither does anyone else except the two involved, so I can't say she was right or wrong to react the way she did.  I guess being frightened is wrong?

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

We're all concerned about the dog.  As far as I can see, the dog was not harmed.  

I've been following this story closely; however, I still don't know all the facts.  All the evidence I see is a short clip of a video.  What happened before and after?

She appeared to me to be very frightened.  How she was backing up and pulling her dog with her.

Evidently, there were very few people in the park.  Didn't she say he appeared out of nowhere?

I don't know exactly what happened, neither does anyone else except the two involved, so I can't say she was right or wrong to react the way she did.  I guess being frightened is wrong?

You  need to read the legitimate accounts of what  happened and see the video. She wasn't frightened in the least. She was menacing.

I read references to the dog having a history of injury while in her care. She was abusing him and I'm so glad he's out of her brutish hands. The woman needs help, but save the innocent animals first.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

She appeared to me to be very frightened.  How she was backing up and pulling her dog with her.

I watched the whole video, it was awful.  The black man was in an area for birdwatching which is what he was doing and she came with dog not on leash.  He asked her to please put dog on leash which is the law and she was furious.  

You need to watch it, she wasn't scared, she was raging, threatening.  The man stayed very calm.  PS, he is a Harvard grad and IS a well know birdwatcher.  Apparently her employer was also unhappy, they fired her.

p.s. thank God for cell phone video she lied to 911

Respected Contributor

I believe I have seen the full video, and the woman was absolutely the aggressor, she originally approached the man and threatened him because he asked her to leash her dog.  She threatened to call the police and tell them the man was threatening her, when all he was doing was asking her to obey park rules, and he repeatedly asked her to back up, and urged her to call the police.  She was completely in the wrong from start to finish, and I am glad the man, a local Audubon Society board member, had the presence of mind to record her increasingly vile ranting.  It is also clear that the dog was being terrified as it was repeatedly being dragged and choked by it's collar.  All she needed to do at the very beginning of the incident was leash the dog, instead of refuse to do so, and she would still have her job and her dog.  Her sense of priviledge in deciding to leave the dog loose despite park rules, and then her decision to weaponize the man's race against him, when it might have cost him his life or freedom, was what lead to the entire incident.

I believe that the Cocker Spaniel was re-claimed by the Rescue that adopted it to the woman when they saw she was clearly not living up to her adoption contract in letting the dog off-leash where it was not legal, as well as painfully restraining it by the collar instead of using the leash.  The Rescue group was well within it's rights to re-claim the dog, that's what adoption contracts are for.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

She appeared to me to be very frightened.  How she was backing up and pulling her dog with her. Why did he videotape her.  That would frighten me if a stranger did that to me.

She wasn't frightened.  She was angry.