Honored Contributor

Re: That Central Park incident...

@Foxxee  "I've been following this story closely;"

No you haven't, based upon your comments. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

We're all concerned about the dog.  As far as I can see, the dog was not harmed.  

I've been following this story closely; however, I still don't know all the facts.  

Evidently, there were very few people in the park. 

I don't know exactly what happened, neither does anyone else except the two involved, so I can't say she was right or wrong to react the way she did.  I guess being frightened is wrong?

it is very easy to see exactly what is going on because there is a full video of the incident.  The lady wasn't frightened one bit, she was absolutely furious.  She was also fired. 

Trusted Contributor

@Bhvbum 

Yes- good thing he had video. I wonder what would have happened if he didn't. I wonder if the police would have believed her? 

Esteemed Contributor

Due to that video that Cocker Spaniel has probably already been adopted by a loving family!  A Cocker was the first puppy I had as a child and the video was upsetting! 

Honored Contributor

The lady appears to be unstable.  There was no need to drag her dog around as she had a leash.  There was also no need to freak out on the man, pull out the race card and call the police.  So glad someone took a video.  Hope she sees she needs help and gets it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I had been afraid, I would have leashed my dog and run out of there.  Instead she first tried to walk up to him and he asked her to step away from him.  And then of course, making the false police report that she was being threatened.  She seems like a nightmare.  I wouldn't be surprised if her employer was happy to be rid of her.  Imagine her as your boss.  

I hope the dog finds a new home.  I hadn't heard the report that she had been abusive in the past.  

Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

We're all concerned about the dog.  As far as I can see, the dog was not harmed.  

I've been following this story closely; however, I still don't know all the facts.  All the evidence I see is a short clip of a video.  What happened before and after?  

She appeared to me to be very frightened.  How she was backing up and pulling her dog with her. Why did he videotape her.  That would frighten me if a stranger did that to me.

Evidently, there were very few people in the park.  Didn't she say he appeared out of nowhere?

Now, this is being made out to be a racial issue.  Isn't it always?

I don't know exactly what happened, neither does anyone else except the two involved, so I can't say she was right or wrong to react the way she did.  I guess being frightened is wrong?

Are you serious? Clearly you haven't been following and are trying to push another narrative.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Foxxee  "I've been following this story closely;"

No you haven't, based upon your comments. 

You are free to believe or disbelieve.  I generally disbelieve initial reports because they are often inaccurate.  Truth follows later.  

The media reports only what they want us to know.  The video shows only what the person who videotaped it wants us to see.  Often exculpatory evidence is left out as is evidence of guilt.

As far as I'm concerned, there's more to this incident than meets the eye.  It takes two to tango.  

Respected Contributor

I was once told that there is a special place in hell for people who abuse animals and I believe it.

Esteemed Contributor

That woman is clearly unstable and dangerous.  She's abusing the dog and threatened the man that she was going to tell police he threatened her.  I'm glad the man was brave enough to continue to film her as she walked toward him screaming and waving a dog leash.  (yeah she was so frightened she walked TOWARD him in an aggressive way,such a crock) I would've ran away from her. Scary.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth