Respected Contributor

Thank you to all who Remember Trinket

With a sad and heavy heart I must tell you all that Trinket Passed over the bridge this afternoon.  She had lost a lot of weight but was still eating.  The past few days she refused even her favourite Roast Pork and in spite of daily SQ fluids she was hovering over her water bowls.  I took her in to the Vet last week and the bloodwork said basically her kidneys were shot and she was anemic from the kidney failure and the cancer. The Vet said the anemia came on gradually because if it had hapened quickly with a number so low she would have collapsed.  Frankly, she could have passed at any time but as long as she was comfortable I could make an appointment when ever she was ready.  She had a few more good days but  Then she hid under the end table again just like she did All those months ago and I knew she was not enjoying life anymore.  we went in today and I held her all the while.  She used to be such a brat but today she did not protest at all, I know she was tired and ready to rest.  To all of you who sent your prayers and wishes For Trinket and Me I send my heartfelt thanks. I know you made a real differance.  and If I may ask for one more thought if you would send her off with a thought that she is loved and ask Saint Gertrude of Nivelles to keep a look out for her tonight. She is the patron saint of travelers and ( sort of ) cats and lore has it that  recently departed souls spend thier first night in the hospitality of St. Gertrude.  Tonight I know Trinket will be showing up at her door and be greeted by her buddy Token who I am sure never made it to the bridge having much more fun just hanging around working the room at St Gerts!  May my beloved fur babies be at peace tonight. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thank you to all who Remember Trinket

I’m so, sooooo sorry! Hugs to you! My sincere condolences.

Trusted Contributor

Heartfelt condolences. I’ve stood watching many a sweet cat cross the bridge until they are out of sight. I know St. Gertrude will make Trinket welcome and safe. May your heart be at ease and have peace knowing you knew just when to give an easy passing to a gentle friend. 

Trusted Contributor

Thinking of you ~ I understand your loss all too well : (

Honored Contributor

I’m sorry for your loss but your sweet Trinket is no longer in pain. Bless you for loving your precious fur babies and providing a loving home.

Esteemed Contributor

@candys mine, so very sorry.  Please accept my condolences, and I understand very well how you are feeling as we lost our Darcy on February 4.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl So sorry for your loss, too. It’s truly heart breaking. Sincere condolences to you!!

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361Thank you for the hug.  Helps.

Respected Contributor

@gizmogalthank you for those lovely gentle words.

Respected Contributor

@Irish1210Yes, The loss of a pet is the loss of a very dear friend.