Super Contributor

Thank you for your prayers for Teddy Bear.

I am sorry to say that today Teddy Bear passed.  I took him back to the vet yesterday and they ran some more tests on him.  They all came back ok but he could barely stand up.  He was so limp when I would pick him up to hold him.  They kept him overnight and when I brought him home this morning he was the same.  He could barely support himself.  He just would sort of slowly collapse and just lay there.  I feel so horrible.  My husband and I both made the decision.  It was so hard to see him like that.  I feel awful but it felt like the right thing to do for him.  

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.  They have meant the world to me.  I'm sorry I don't have any good news to report.  

That was the hardest thing I think I will ever have to do in my life.  

I love my Teddy Bear so much.  I hate that he had to go through all those vet visits and getting poked and prodded.  I hate that he had to go through being blind and scared.  I wish I could have made it better.  

Even though the decision felt right, I feel guilty.  I feel awful.  I don't know how I will get over or through this.  I miss him so much.

Super Contributor

Re: Thank you for your prayers for Teddy Bear.

Alleycat,  Bless you and your husband at this time.   I understand what you are going through as I am the Mom of two cats.   Remember that love that you shared with your Teddy Bear.   Take care.   My best to you and your husband.   Tallgal

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry to read this and so sad for you and your husband.  Letting a beloved pet pass is the last loving thing you can do for them.  Everything you did for him was out of love.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Teddy Bear knew how much you loved him.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

So very sorry, @AlleyCat.  I've been there and knw exactly what you feel and it's horrible!  But soon, Teddy Bear will be sending signs, letting you know that he's happy and well and loves you with all his heart and soul!Heart

Because of this very special love, Teddy Bear will always be at your side watching over you; he may have taken a chunk of your heart, but he gave you a chunk of his heart:  therefore you wil be always together.

Honored Contributor

@AlleyCat  I'm so very sorry that your beloved Teddy Bear has crossed the rainbow bridge.  I know that you are sad and lost right now.  If you don't process what I am about to write now, I want you to come back to the thread later and I need you to take what I am about to say to heart.

There is not one thing that you need to be sorry or guilty about. 

Today, you and your husband showed Teddy Bear the greatest act of love you could give him.  You put what was best for Teddy Bear first and you spared him suffering.

Please accept my sympathy during this painful time,

Bernadette

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

I understand that your heart is broken into pieces and you feel guilty, but you had to do what was best for him,   Please don't be so hard on yourself, you did the right thing.  God bless.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

Image result for sending hugs for loss of pet images

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry for you losing your precious Teddy Bear @AlleyCat.

I know it is the hardest thing ever to do.

I think I went over and over in my mind too about all the things I could have done and anger at any and all vets for putting my granddog thru anything, even though they were trying to help.

I never thought I would get through this and the missing them and sorrow is so unbearable.

I've told this before but when I couldn't imagine how I could be without him, I told God that-that I just couldn't bear it and every single day I saw amazing signs of his sweet spirit around me every day.

I had to write them down. No one could imagine everything that happened that was special to me.

So even though we don't have them physically in our world anymore,

I believe with all my heart, they are there with us.

I feel mine is 24/7-his presence,

and that has brought me much peace and happiness to have him in that way.

I don't know why they have to be here with us so shortly. They give us a love and unconditionally that I don't think we ever experience unless its between a mother and child, when its a loving one.

My daughter told me something that really helped me too.

She said we had the best dogs in the world and they would not want us to be sad but to honor them we could live joyfully like they did and like they taught us to. So I feel like every time I get sad again, I remember that and I can feel them in my heart.

He knows you loved him.

I hope Teddy Bear and my grandogs get to meet each other in heavenSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@AlleyCat

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved Teddy Bear. You will be in my prayers that God will comfort you and help you through this difficult time. Guilt is a normal feeling during the grieving process, but don't let it control you. I told you my story about Mary Mint, I felt guilt too, but I know Mary didn't blame me for her disease. Teddy never blamed you either. Even though he was blind, he could "see" your love and compassion for him. I know not everyone believes that cats or any pet for that matter goes to heaven, but I know in my whole being it is so. Let me share another story...

Our cat Bobbi was killed by a car 5 years ago and I blamed myself for not making her come in the house at a certain time. We live in a rural area, and it's my rule that our cats sleep in at night for their own protection. Anyway, I was really busy and I didn't stop to let Bobbi in while she was playing with a moth by the front door. Just a short time later, she was gone. That was probably the worst I've ever heaped guilt upon myself. But one thing did happen. The next night, I barely slept, but the little time I did sleep, I had a very vivid dream about Bobbi. I can still remember it. She was sitting in the most beautiful place I'd ever seen, she was all right, literally glowing in beauty. I know God gave me that dream to help me in my intense grief and guilt to show me that she was with Him. Teddy is with Him, too.

I still shed tears over my lost babies sometimes, I even started to cry while writing this, and I know you know that it's going to take a long time for the pain to lessen, so just know we pet lovers are here for you. Always.

Big hugs to my cat sisterfriend. 

And for the kitties you still have, hold them and love on them extra, I find that they are very good comforters.

Praying for you.❤😺🐈

Esteemed Contributor

@AlleyCat, I am so sorry to read that your precious Teddy Bear has passed.  My sincerest condolences to you.  Please do not feel guilty, but allow yourself to remember the wonderful times that you had together.  He is always in your heart and he knew that he was loved so much.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!