Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thank you for your prayers for Teddy Bear.

@AlleyCat wrote:

I am sorry to say that today Teddy Bear passed.  I took him back to the vet yesterday and they ran some more tests on him.  They all came back ok but he could barely stand up.  He was so limp when I would pick him up to hold him.  They kept him overnight and when I brought him home this morning he was the same.  He could barely support himself.  He just would sort of slowly collapse and just lay there.  I feel so horrible.  My husband and I both made the decision.  It was so hard to see him like that.  I feel awful but it felt like the right thing to do for him.  

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.  They have meant the world to me.  I'm sorry I don't have any good news to report.  

That was the hardest thing I think I will ever have to do in my life.  

I love my Teddy Bear so much.  I hate that he had to go through all those vet visits and getting poked and prodded.  I hate that he had to go through being blind and scared.  I wish I could have made it better.  

Even though the decision felt right, I feel guilty.  I feel awful.  I don't know how I will get over or through this.  I miss him so much.

You did what all of us would have done....And I am sure by the way you speak about your Teddy Bear he was much loved and he knew that.  Give yourself time to grieve there is nothing to feel guilty about .. you did not want him to suffer anymore and you did the right thing... it is a sorrowful thing but, you loved him and you freed him. God bless you! Update us when you can let us know how you are. Take care of yourself and remember Teddy Bear would not want you to be sad.

Super Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@AlleyCat wrote:

I am sorry to say that today Teddy Bear passed.  I took him back to the vet yesterday and they ran some more tests on him.  They all came back ok but he could barely stand up.  He was so limp when I would pick him up to hold him.  They kept him overnight and when I brought him home this morning he was the same.  He could barely support himself.  He just would sort of slowly collapse and just lay there.  I feel so horrible.  My husband and I both made the decision.  It was so hard to see him like that.  I feel awful but it felt like the right thing to do for him.  

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.  They have meant the world to me.  I'm sorry I don't have any good news to report.  

That was the hardest thing I think I will ever have to do in my life.  

I love my Teddy Bear so much.  I hate that he had to go through all those vet visits and getting poked and prodded.  I hate that he had to go through being blind and scared.  I wish I could have made it better.  

Even though the decision felt right, I feel guilty.  I feel awful.  I don't know how I will get over or through this.  I miss him so much.

You did what all of us would have done....And I am sure by the way you speak about your Teddy Bear he was much loved and he knew that.  Give yourself time to grieve there is nothing to feel guilty about .. you did not want him to suffer anymore and you did the right thing... it is a sorrowful thing but, you loved him and you freed him. God bless you! Update us when you can let us know how you are. Take care of yourself and remember Teddy Bear would not want you to be sad.

Thank you.  I am still having a difficult time with this.  I cry every day.  Everything around my home reminds me of him.  Not too long after it happened one of my other kitties was calling through the house.  It looked and seemed like he was looking for Teddy.  That was really hard.  Everything I do reminds me of him.  When I cleaned the litter boxes I thought "I'm getting rid of more and more of him with everything I clean".  I obviously cannot stop cleaning my home but the thought comes into my mind when I vacuum, sweep...anything really.   My dr prescribed Prozac to me but I have not begun to take it yet.  I am fearful of taking medicines that may change me to where I don't recognize myself.  I was planning on taking it because I hate feeling almost crippled with grief but then about two weeks ago my nephew was diagnosed with cancer stage IV.  He is only 13.  He just had surgery yesterday to remove the cancer from his adrenal gland and liver.  They ended up removing one of his kidneys and I believe they were able to remove the cancer from his liver but he still has it in his lung and colon.  It is some rare form of cancer called Adrenocortical carcinoma (i think).  He is going to have to have chemo treatments for the rest of his life.  All of this stuff happening is so very trying...

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and prayers.  I appreciate each and every one of you.  I am sure with time my heart will heal...hopefully to the point where I am not crying all the time.  The rest of my kitties are 12 and 15 so I worry about them as well.

Honored Contributor

@AlleyCat  I'm so sorry that your nephew has cancer.  Cancer is terrible at any age, but at such a young age I'm sure it's even harder to accept and understand.  I will keep your family in my prayers.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@AlleyCat

My heart breaks for you and the pain and hardship you are going through at this time. You and your family are in my prayers.

It's all right to cry over Teddy, and it's also understandable that you worry over your other cats. It's all part of the grieving process and I pray that as you continue to grieve, you will find comfort and strength in God and peace in the memories of your precious Teddy. His body may not be with you, but he's there, right inside your heart.

Praying.❤