Contributor

Thank you for all your prayers and messages of comfort for Hunter, Jenny and me.

Well it has been 2 days since my Hunter was put asleep. His best buddy, Jenny a Golden Lab, has started to eat tonight. We had meatloaf. It was so hard for me yesterday because this was the first day that Hunter in 14 years, was not there to watch me get ready for work. I use to tell him each day that Mommy needs to go to work today, so you will need to take care of the house and Jenny.

Then at the end of the day, when I returned home from work and came up the stairs from the garage, Hunter was not there to give me his famous kisses. This was hard for me.

Last night, Jenny slept in Hunter's bed. This morning she went to the back yard and did her business. That was a relief. As I look at Jenny tonight, she is sleeping on the jacket I gave her, when I hugged Hunter as he was put to sleep at the vet's.

I even told the Vet that in 14 years, Hunter never ever had a flea or tick on him and that I was proud of that. She told me that Hunter is such a sweet dog.

Jenny is doing well. She gave me so many kisses when I came home from work and was wagging her tail so much. This made me feel so much better for Jenny.

When I was at work today, I just went through my phone pictures of Hunter and Jenny together with doggie toys and out in the backyard.

I read all your messages tonight and this helped me to feel better. Also, thank you for your messages of your pets that have passed. I pray for all of you.

Your Friend,

Libra2

Marie

Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you for all your prayers and messages of comfort for Hunter, Jenny and me.

There is nothing to say except I'm so sorry.  We all understand your pain and are thinking of you and your babies with so much love in our hearts for you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Thank you for all your prayers and messages of comfort for Hunter, Jenny and me.

Glad to hear that, while still grieving, you have begun that long, slow journey to remembering the good times you and Jenny had with Hunter. 

May every day bring you both a little more peace.  Give Jenny some extra kisses from me.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

@Libra2 Thinking of you, Hunter and Jenny. Glad you are feeling a bit better.

Thank you for the update.

Honored Contributor

@Libra2

As with any loss, you take baby steps in the recovery process. I’m glad you’re doing better today and talking about it helps too. Jenny needs you to be strong too because she needs you more than ever now.

Trusted Contributor

@Libra2

I've been hoping you & Jenny are doing better & so glad your days are beginning to be a bit more normal.  The news that Jenny's now eating & doing her business is good progress.  The journey begins as you both "remember this", "remember that". 

My husband & I still do over a year later after our beloved Cooper left us for The Bridge Dec. 2017.  He's still very much missed but will always be in our hearts.  My husband adopted a large black lab, Connie, a few weeks later & I had hoped it would get him out of the "blues" that he was feeling.  I knew he would have reservations about it at times, but I'm happy to say it really helped.  They're both very close & he takes her hiking, etc.

I think you'll find yourself looking at photos & knowing Hunter is in a better place now.  Together, you & Jenny will be comforting to each other.  Prayers & hugs to you both.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just thinking of Jenny and so glad she is eating.  She must feel all your love.