Honored Contributor

Thank You Everyone

[ Edited ]

My wife and want to thank everyone for their thoughts and kind words at our loss of Princess Sunday. It was sudden and very serious issue and it broke our hearts. 

She showed up on our deck years ago as a small kitten. I heard her before I saw her. Heard hissing but she was hiding behind a tomato plant we were growing on our deck. Then she popped out and kept hissing.

I took a bowl of kitten food out for her and she dove right into it, stopping on occasion to hiss at me again. We would see her almost everyday and knew she had to be a stray someone probably dumped out on the highway close to our home.

She kept hissing and moving away when I would approach her. Worked with her little by little and she eventually quit hissing at us. I would sit down on the deck floor and put the bowl about a foot away, over days moving the food bowl a little closer to me. Took quite a while, but she finally no longer seemed afraid of me.

Over time she would let us pet her and gradually she loved attention, but never wanted to sit on our laps or let us pick her up. That never changed. I did grab her and get her into a carrier to get her spayed and also get her shots.

Last year we planned on bringing her into our home. She seemed to get along, through our screens, with our indoor felines. When we had her in for her shots our vet did a blood draw and she turned up HIV Positive, thus we could not risk our other felines health. We had to leave her outdoors, but she mostly stuck close by our patio room.

We got a heated little cat home for her to keep warm and comfy during our Midwest winters and colder weather. She loved being petted and lying on her back for belly rubs and petting. She was every bit our kitty, we just couldn't risk bringing her indoors.

We called her our semi-feral when people asked about her. Then came Sunday and we could see she was in serious distress. Our Vet was only open till noon on Sundays, and it was about 8pm when I realized we had to get her to an Emergency Animal Care Clinic.

Had to plan how to approach her to be able to grab her and not let her see the carrier for fear it would spook her. My wife and I planned it out, called the Clinic and told them we were bringing her in ASAP. Plans went well, but we both knew she probably not come back home with us. She was just too weak and breathing so hard we knew it was very serious. We knew the best thing for her was passing over the bridge.

We had just about 2 weeks earlier had to let Ozzie, our almost 15 year old go. He was in Congestive Heart Failure when we got him to our vet. He was acting a bit off the night before, and the following morning breathing hard when I left for my Physical Therapy. I asked my wife to keep an eye on him while I was gone.

When I got home we got him straight to our vet. He was in pain, and his rear feet were cold. That is an indication of a blood clot, and we had little to decide. We are still waiting for his ashes, and then the same for our Princess.

Thank you to all of you animal lovers. We all know losing a beloved pet is losing a family member. My wife and I are still working through the sadness of losing both of our furry family members in such a short period of time.

Our best to everyone and each and every furry member of your families.

Cindy/our remaining 3 boys and 3 girls of our furry family, and myself,

hckynut(john)

=^..^=              =^..^=

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. They become a part of us and take a chunk of our hearts

with the. It is a jpyful blessing that she found you and your wife to have a good life even if it is too short a time.

doxie

Honored Contributor

John and Cindy,

Image result for after loss of cat  thoughts pics

Respected Contributor

Our furry friends find us don't they?  When my dog Scully was only 2, I watched my daughter's dog for 6 months while she was in India.  Scully fell in love with her and when my daughter came to get her, I knew I had to find another girl for Scully.  I walked into work one day and two people came up to me at separate times and told me about a dog that had been featured on the news that morning.  They said she was a "greyhound mix" and everyone knew I loved greyhounds.  Turned out she was a pharaoh hound.  It was a couple of days before I could get her, but she was the love of Scully's life.  That was 16 years ago and I expect to lose her soon.  Her back legs aren't holding her up very well.  If I could put a new pair of legs on her, I would.  It is heartbreaking to think about losing her.  Sounds like your sweet cat also found you - it's not a coincidence. 

Valued Contributor

John and Cindy, I am so sorry that you have lost these two dear kitty friends.  They were so very lucky to have found you, and their lives were better than they could ever have imagined.  Hugs to both of you.  I know that you miss them both terribly.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry for such a major loss in your life.  Please know that you are in my thoughts.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

John and Cindy, I am so very sorry for your loss.  You have had a lot to handle with loosing two sweeties in such a short time.  Sending kind thoughts to you.

Trusted Contributor

John and Cindy, I am so very sorry for your losses.  I know your hearts are hurting right now.  I pray that time will ease your pain and your sweet memories will brighten your days. Hugs dear Friends.

Respected Contributor

To lose two so close together is especially 

difficult .... there are no words of comfort

except you two are the best 'pet parents' to

give them a loving home.  So sorry for this

recent passing.    

Image result for animated . i am sorry for your loss . cat

Trusted Contributor

I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear Princess. She was well loved and I'm sure she knew it! I am so sorry you have to go through this again so soon. Grief is the price of love. 💔