Respected Contributor

Re: Teaspoons Vetmedin canceled, shortage...

Hey everyone, I've never ever said my Vey is in it only for the money...OMG!!  Where did that come from??!!!  I did say it will cost alot more through the vet , but that's usually how it goes.  My vet has no problem whatsoever submitting prescriptions to outside suppliers,  in fact they even suggested to do so and have been very accommodating.  I have no idea why their charge for the meds are higher,  I just stated it'll cost more.  Again the only dose available at this time is a lower dose, across the  nation, which means lesser strength, needed to be adjusted to each pets needs.  Teaspoon will need a double dose of this lower strength.   My apologies if I came across blaming my vet for charging extra unnecessarily...i never meant that.  Just saying it cost more from my vet.   Those of you that have suggested other suppliers,  I greatly thank you  and will look into those.  

Respected Contributor

@candys mine ...greedy fault???  WOW!!  Never said that.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin   I understood what you were saying about your Vet costing more for meds.  I didn't think it sounded like you meant he/she was greedy.  I hope the Vetmedin supply becomes widely available again soon in the dosage that Teaspoon needs.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack ,  thank you for your response...i think you understand the stress involved caring for a sick pet, and ill definitely look into your suggestion.   It annoys me that people like @candys mine would say such an accusing statement that I feel my vets in this for money, OMG!!  I'm sorry it across like that to her, but I honestly was simply saying it'll cost more money from the vet. In my experience, that seems the usual when buying anything from the vet.  I have re-posted saying how accommadating my vet has been whether ordering outside or from them.  Right now, 2.5 Vetmedin is out of stock nationwide,  so the lower dose, naturally is going to cost more if Teaspoon needs to up the dose.  Anyway,  thank you and those who have given me other sites to order from 🙂

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@candys mine wrote:

@Dazlin So sad your vet is only in it for the money.  I wonder if They are affected by the shortage Too and are offering what they have to you.  A compounding pharmacy may be More expensive but might be able to create the size you need in a flavoured form.

@candys mine   Vets do not charge more for drugs because they're in it for the money.  They don't get the huge supply that places like Chewy and 1-800-PetMeds do, so they don't get the discount prices themselves.  

Vets do a tremendous service and are very compassionate people.  At least my Vets are.  I am very greatful for them.

@Nicknack, , I agree, im very thankful for the service my Vets provide also...they're also very accommadating submitting Teaspoons prescriptions to Petco, or Chewy..i use both.  Thank you for sharing they dont stock huge supplies in bulk...that makes sense.

Respected Contributor

I picked the lower dose at my Vet.  It cost almost $53 for a 25 day supply.   Its all thats available for now.   I checked other sites and with shipping its close in price.  Some mentioned here dont have it either.  Hopefully manufacturers will produce the one Teaspoon had.  Either way, its a pretty pricey med, but my pup needs it.