Honored Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER SEPT. 21 - SEPT. 27TH

Playing Outside Hide And Seek GIF by PBS KIDS

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

45 Hilarious 'Dog Balloons' That Floated Up To The Ceiling And Got Stuck |  Bored PandaHello!  Good morning!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

@mousiegirl,  I would love to hear how you got interested in cooking and if you used recipes or created your own.  And what are some of your to brag about dishes.  Love SC Smiley Happy

@Sweet Caroline 1   It was probably due to my Father's cooking.  I started when I was very young.  When I had my own home, I would remember his crab cioppino  and tomato based stew and try to make it.  As it turned out, I have a very good pallete, can remember how his food tasted and make it. We eat simply now, but I used to entertain a lot and cook all week for the event..  

Now, I make up my recipes, though have hundreds of cookbooks, mostly they gave me ideas, usually tweaked recipes, except baking, followed measurements as instructed.

I still make everything from scratch, and enough to have leftovers as I don't want to cook every single night, as I used to.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

@mousiegirl,  I would love to hear how you got interested in cooking and if you used recipes or created your own.  And what are some of your to brag about dishes.  Love SC Smiley Happy

@Sweet Caroline 1   It was probably due to my Father's cooking.  I started when I was very young.  When I had my own home, I would remember his crab cioppino  and tomato based stew and try to make it.  As it turned out, I have a very good pallete, can remember how his food tasted and make it. We eat simply now, but I used to entertain a lot and cook all week for the event..  

Now, I make up my recipes, though have hundreds of cookbooks, mostly they gave me ideas, usually tweaked recipes, except baking, followed measurements as instructed.

I still make everything from scratch, and enough to have leftovers as I don't want to cook every single night, as I used to.

@mousiegirl   You are a fabulous cook if you can taste something and then recreate it.  Or look at recipe ingredients and know how to make it better by adding and taking away ingredients.  It must be in the genes like drawing and singing run in families.  

If you don't mind, I may request a recipe now and then for a special occasion.  Thank you for sharing your special talent.  Love,        SC  Smiley Happy Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet Caroline 1   Since I make up recipes and they are different, somewhat, every time I make them, I don't really have one, but this is a staple now for dinners.  I use any leftover meat, steak, pork, grilled chicken for tacos during the week.  I grill white corn/wheat tortillas on the gas rangetop, and then add whatever else, for DH it is always tons of cheese, my refried beans which I make in vat sized amounts and freeze in portions, tomatoes, avocado, onions, peppers, the latter for steak tacos, whatever one likes.

Honored Contributor

I see no chat about pets, which is what I thought this thread was about. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Puddles wrote:

Bergen Yoga — Blog — Dionne Elizabeth

@Puddles 

Thank mew so very much for posting

this animated photo of my beloved

Shironeko! My heart is soaring!HeartCat Very Happy

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl,   Yes it is about pets or anything you would like to chat about.  Myself, I have three large dogs, all rescues.  My oldest dog has cushings disease and is starting to have a hard time but we take it one day at a time.  She was my mothers rescue dog and came to live with me when mama passed away.  I will try to find a look alike picture to represent her. I don't mean to anoy you by going off topic.  Please forgive me if I have.  Love, SC

Honored Contributor

Bernese Mountain Dog Mixes: 15 Awesome Berner CrossbreedsMy Abby looks like this but she has blue eyes and a lot longer fur.  I love her more than words can say.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Black Dog Breeds with Picture & Comprehensive Breed ProfilesThis is a look alike picture of Josephine.  Only Josephine's face is rounder and has the look of an innocent puppy face even though she is a few years old.  She has a Little Bo Peep tail that curls up around her back.  I have always wanted to tie a ribbon around it but she wouldn't like it.  She is femenine, sweet and very shy.  I picked her up off the side of the road when she was a puppy.  She was skinny and going through garbage.  Josephine is my mothers middle name.  Smiley Happy