Honored Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER SEPT. 21 - SEPT. 27TH

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

Happy First Day of Fall! – Hillsboro Chamber of CommerceGood morning to the Pet Chat Corner!  Alabama doesn't get real fall weather until mid to late October but we are enjoying a cool snap and I just want to go outside and run around naked.  I have been absolutely desperate for summer to end.  

I'm wishing all of you a very happy fall season.  I hope it goes by slowly, oh shoot, I hope it never ends.  Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!  Be happy and have lots of fun.  Love and hugs to all,  SC Smiley Happy Heart

@Sweet Caroline 1   Are you from Alabama?  My Dad was born and raised there.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl,  Yes, I'm from AL.  Born and raised in Birmingham.  Where is your father from?  I would love to hear some of his stories,  SC  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

Happy First Day of Fall! – Hillsboro Chamber of CommerceGood morning to the Pet Chat Corner!  Alabama doesn't get real fall weather until mid to late October but we are enjoying a cool snap and I just want to go outside and run around naked.  I have been absolutely desperate for summer to end.  

I'm wishing all of you a very happy fall season.  I hope it goes by slowly, oh shoot, I hope it never ends.  Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!  Be happy and have lots of fun.  Love and hugs to all,  SC Smiley Happy Heart

@Sweet Caroline 1   Are you from Alabama?  My Dad was born and raised there.

@mousiegirl 

Welcome to the PCC! It's

so nice to see you here!Cat Very Happy

I do hope that you'll come

back again and join the rest

of us....I start a new thread

every Monday morning.

------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

@mousiegirl,  Yes, I'm from AL.  Born and raised in Birmingham.  Where is your father from?  I would love to hear some of his stories,  SC  Smiley Happy

@Sweet Caroline 1   I can't remember.  My parents were divorced when I was three, didn't see him often, was a broken hearted little girl.  I have no stories due to this.  He was a chef after leaving the Marines, and I, through osmosis, became quite a cook through the years.  Too lazy now to do what I used to, but still do cook, not every night. 

He grew up on a farm, as did my Mother, she in Canada, he in Alabama, and got out as soon as he could by joining the Marines, where he eventually met my Mother, wanted out of Canada and to see the world, also joined the Marines, in Hawaii.

Honored Contributor

Bergen Yoga — Blog — Dionne Elizabeth

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

peek-a-boo cat GIF by Super Simple

Welcome @mousiegirl.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@Puddles wrote:

peek-a-boo cat GIF by Super Simple

Welcome @mousiegirl.

@Puddles  Thank you. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl,  I'm sorry your father wasn't around when you were growing up.  Very sad indeed.  My parents grew up during the depression, born in 1919 and 1920.  When my father was ten years old, his father (my grandfather) dround.  He was a coal miner and had a mining accident.  After the accident, he started having seisures.  He dround while fishing for food, the family thinking he had a seisure and fell in the water.  My father felt guilty his whole life because he didn't want to go and left his father to fish alone.  

When my father was old enough, his mother (my grandmother) signed for him to join the navy at an early age.  He mailed his entire paycheck home to his mother to help her raise his four sisters.  When he was old enough, he left the Navy to join  the Marines.  He was in WW 2 and the Korean war.  

There's a lot more to tell about my father until his death in 1969.  I was 13 years old when he passed.  I have a lot of things to share about my mother too.  Back in those trying times, life was rough on a lot of people during the depression and the war.  At my age, I love to read posts when people tell memories about their childhoods, school and parents and grandparents.  The music of the times and just memories of life.  Take care,  Love SC  Heart 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl,  I would love to hear how you got interested in cooking and if you used recipes or created your own.  And what are some of your to brag about dishes.  Love SC Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Puddles,  Snow is playing hide and seek with you.  I can't give away her secret, but I can give you a hint... leaves.  Smiley Happy