Honored Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER SEPT. 21 - SEPT. 27TH

Sunday Quotes: Good - The Conscious CatThis is a very good look alike picture of Nugget!  She was my very first pet (aside from goldfish).  She was a young stray and I would sneak milk out of the house to give her.  My parents secretly knew because they watched me from the window.  Mama knew they wouldn't be able to say no when they saw me hold her in my arms.  It was around fourth or fifth grade.  She shortly had five kittens after that.  Frisky, Squeak, Cindy, Sugar and Tipsy.  Parents found homes for Cindy and Sugar and got Nugget fixed Smiley Happy.  

She was a inside/outside cat because there wasn't going to be a litter box.  In the mornings, mama would bring her in the house and put her on our bed.  Nugget would get on our tummy and start kneeding bread.  Thats how mama would wake us up for school in the mornings.  That was the beginning of pets in my life.  

Mama stopped getting goldfish because when I found one floating at the top of the water I would cry my heart out for hours.  Mama use to talk to the goldfish in goldfish talk.  Sweetest memories in the world!  Smiley Happy Heart

Honored Contributor

20+ Blessing of the Animals images | animals, church outreach, church  nursery

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1   You mentioned you didn't know whether a pet chooses a person, or a person chooses the pet.  

when I was five, my Mother took me to the SPCA to pick a cat.  We came to a cage and in that cage were two large adult orange male cats, and a tiny grey fluffy tortie kitten with her little arm sticking out through the cage, and the two huge cats standing on their hind legs over her reaching toward me.  The kitten was the one I wanted.  My Mother tried to bribe me by saying she would get the two orange cats if I wouldn't insist on the kitten, nope, I wasn't having it, I was going to have the kitten, after all, she stretched her arm out to me, she chose me, and that was that.

One night while I was in the bathtub, she was snooping around, so I named her Snoopy, loved her so much.  Unfortunately, she went on to have a multitude of litters as my Mother would have the males neutered, but let the females outside unspayed so of course, they became pregnant.  She found homes for the kittens, but I wanted one from each litter, as I recall, so she appeased me, to a point.  I remember rubbing her tummy when she was in labor, breaks my heart to think of how many times she went through this, and promised myself that when I grew up, I would rescue cats and have them spayed and neutered, which I eventually did, for many years, and found homes for many, keeping many also, lol.  I hadn't remembered the promise, but my Mother told me about it when I was into rescue, so it was always within me.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl, and @Catty2,   Hey girls, I just wanted to make sure you knew that beastielove starts a new thread each week.  Monday through Sunday.  So there is already a new thread for The Pet Chat Corner for the 7 days of 9/28 through 10/4.  I may end up reposting some of my posts to the new thread.  See ya there, SC Smiley Happy