Honored Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER OCT.7 - OCT.13

Kitten Waving GIF - Kitten Waving Hi GIFs

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Dear Old Furless and Aunt @beastielove     Just to keep you up-to-date,

our Oktoberfest will be in our great auditorium this whole coming weekend.   Tabitha has been busy baking her famous Katnip Kookies.....and I have developed a secret formula for Katnip Kologne, which will be the doorprize!

We don't celebrate Halloween here.........but we will be having a HOWLING contest........and I expect to take the GRAND PRIZE!    Love and smooches from your girls,  HeartTabitha & KittyHeart 

Hello My Precious Girls

Looks like you're going to be having

a furbulous week-end! I know that

the Katnip Kookies and the Katnip

Kolonge will be a roaring success!

Sending up tons of love filled hugs

to the both of you as well as to

Sophie,Maggie,Peter,Tigger,Tom

and Forrest.

Cat HappyCat HappyCat HappyCat HappyCat HappyCat HappyCat HappyCat Happy

(((((HeartLOVE HUGSHeart)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

@kug So sorry about losing your new dog. What a horrible thing to see.  😢

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Image may contain: cat

HAPPY WEEKEND!

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Esteemed Contributor

A word of warning when feeding your dogs treats:

Don't have other items in your hands when you give the treats!
    I was in a rush and had picked up 3 rings to put away. Held them in one hand and gave each dog a treat in their beds. Then went to my room and put the rings on my dresser. There were only 2 rings! 
     After searching I was afraid my old dog had swallowed it so rushed him to the emergency vet since it was after hours. X-ray showed no ring. 
      I took him home then thought maybe my other dog could have looked for crumbs in his bed and swallowed it. So, I took her to the vet. They couldn't see a ring but said to watch her. 
      That was a few days ago and they seem fine but it was really dumb of me to do that! It was also my birthday. I'll never forget that one and the $500 I spent. 
       I'm still looking for the ring. 

Honored Contributor

cat october GIF

Wishing everyone a happy new week!

Esteemed Contributor

@kug wrote:

I need help dealing with this.  We adopted a dog two and half weeks ago and last week he bolted out the door, ran on the road and was hit by a car.  He died on the way to the Vet.  I helplessly watched it happen and not only feel responsible but can't get it out of my mind.  I know he now is in a better place, but he left such a big hole in my heart.

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. And you adopting a dog in the first place you saved a life. This is not your fault. These things happen and when we adopt a animal we do not  know what is in the mind of a animal. Or what kind of home life they had before they are adopted by us. I am sorry you had to witness what happened but, you did all you could to save him by taking him to the vet. You did all the right things. God bless you!