Respected Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER NOV.29 -DEC.5

@MoJoV   

First, congratulations on your new lab pup!  I read your "book"...what a heartwarming story.  Second, you are not too old, didn't you know pet owners usually live longer.  Whenever the time is right, post a photo and share the name you chose.

I cannot think of a better gift for Christmas!

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Well, I'm officially insane.  We're bringing home an 8 week old Chocolate Lab puppy Sunday.  It's a long story how it happened.  Our son kept the mother for a friend whose wife is in hospice.  He had bred the dog, she and the sire are champions.  He couldn't deal with the births and the nightmare he's living now.  Soon after our son got the dog she had 10! beautiful puppies.  Number 8 puppy was very small and weak with a stunted tail.  He and his girlfriend stayed up all night with her and gave her special attention and she survived. Vet said  she wouldn't have without their care.  Most of the puppies have been purchased and are going to homes around the country. Our little girl isn't really saleable. 

My biggest worry is my Daisy who doesn't like other dogs.  But we'll make it work and since it's such a small puppy there won't be fear for Daisy getting hurt as there would be if we brought an adult dog in. Daisy is 12 years old and 9lbs. I hope all of us aren't too old for a new puppy.  We're retired but pretty spry. Wish us luck please.  My brother was very discouraging. Thanks to any who read this book.

@MoJoV 

Divine Intervention meant for this

precious little girl to survive and

for you to provide her loving forever

home. I know that she'll bring so

much joy into your lives and I'm sure

that Daisy will grow to love her

little sister as well! Never mind your

brother...you made the right choice!

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@Puddles wrote:

I Love You Dogs GIF by Chippy the dog - Find & Share on GIPHY     @seaBreeze 

So sweet! I love Gracie's and Bo's Christmas photos.

@seaBreeze 

So do I! HeartHeart

----------------------------------

All of my children have paws   =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

@beastielove @seaBreeze  Thank you both so much for your kind,encouraging replies.  I needed them. I keep thinking about what puppies do but then I think how sweet and fun they are.  I'll give you updates on my new baby. Thanks again.❤

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

HelloDecember-on-photo-with-white-cute-dog-and-christmas-decoration.jpg

Honored Contributor

550 Chocolate lab ideas | puppies, i love dogs, cute dogs       @MoJoV 

Merry Christmas and congratulations! What a blessing to welcome a new Labrador pup into your home during this happy time of year. I'm sure she and Daisy will become fast friends. 

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Happy December!

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Puddles  Thanks for reminding me of this special day! 

Here is my first mutt (only had her 6 months in the late 60's).  We had moved a few houses from my grandparents' house, and apparently my pup wanted to play with her dog one evening.... and she had to cross the road to get there.  

Skippy 1.jpg

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

@Puddles  Thanks for reminding me of this special day! 

Here is my first mutt (only had her 6 months in the late 60's).  We had moved a few houses from my grandparents' house, and apparently my pup wanted to play with her dog one evening.... and she had to cross the road to get there.  

Skippy 1.jpg

@seaBreeze .....and what a cute mutt she was.Heart