Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER MAY 21 - MAY 27

@Catty2 OMG. This jerk is tossing stones at your dog.  I'm glad it wasn't me he was dealing with. What nerve. I'd probably throw the stones at him and say "I think these are yours!"  At a little senior dog,no less.  Glad he's moving. I would keep an eye on him,he might do something else.  

Gosh your post riled me up.😠

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@seaBreeze @MoJoV

The house has been for sale for 3 months and they don't live there anymore.  He does stop by once in awhile to water the plants, etc.  It was very upsetting to me to see him throwing little stones at her. I had to think quickly about how to react so that's when I walked out near the fence.  He's always been fairly "normal" until today.  Thanks for your support. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

I just have to vent.  My dog will bark if she's out in the yard and hears or sees one of the neighbors out.  She is protecting her yard.  The house next to me is for sale and vacant but the owner is over there once in awhile doing some work.  He was in the backyard today on a ladder doing something.  So, of course, Brandy started barking.  He told her to shut up then I saw him throw 2 little stones in her direction.  I always go outside on the patio when she's out.  Finally I walked out toward the fence and told him she's just protecting her yard.  He said it's so annoying and he told her to shut up but it didn't help.  I told him she is hard of hearing.  Eventually she does her business and then comes back in the house.  It's not like she's out there for hours barking.  And she never barks unless she hears or sees something she thinks is threatening.  I didn't say anything about the stones but it bothers me that someone would do that.  Brandy is 11 years old and a doxie mix and weighs about 20 lbs.   Smiley Frustrated

Good Morning! What a A-hole next time he throws anything at you dog you call animal control, what a moron. He has no right to do that but, you can not explain anything to a moron like that Brandy has just as much right to be in her yard as he has in his. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@apple1964 wrote:

@Catty2 wrote:

I just have to vent.  My dog will bark if she's out in the yard and hears or sees one of the neighbors out.  She is protecting her yard.  The house next to me is for sale and vacant but the owner is over there once in awhile doing some work.  He was in the backyard today on a ladder doing something.  So, of course, Brandy started barking.  He told her to shut up then I saw him throw 2 little stones in her direction.  I always go outside on the patio when she's out.  Finally I walked out toward the fence and told him she's just protecting her yard.  He said it's so annoying and he told her to shut up but it didn't help.  I told him she is hard of hearing.  Eventually she does her business and then comes back in the house.  It's not like she's out there for hours barking.  And she never barks unless she hears or sees something she thinks is threatening.  I didn't say anything about the stones but it bothers me that someone would do that.  Brandy is 11 years old and a doxie mix and weighs about 20 lbs.   Smiley Frustrated

Good Morning! What a A-hole next time he throws anything at you dog you call animal control, what a moron. He has no right to do that but, you can not explain anything to a moron like that Brandy has just as much right to be in her yard as he has in his. 

ITA! If it was me I would have verbally

leveled that low life creaton with some choice

expletives which I clearly can't write here

and would have also told him that if he ever

did anything like that again I'd contact the

police and have animal abuse charges

brought against him ASAP!!! Cat Mad

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

Do you have any suggestions for keeping my 2-year-old plus cat from running out my front door whenever I open the door (even just a little bit)?  

I live in an apartment bulding, and I'm tired of chasing her down the hall and picking her up.  If i'm only going to be gone a few minutes, I'll put her in another room and close the door, but I don't want to do that if I'll be out to lunch or out shopping.  I've thought of getting a pet gate.  I saw one that is very sturdy and is 36" high.  I know these work for dogs, but I'm not sure it would work for a cat.  My cat isn't a high jumper, however.

Respected Contributor

@Catty2

Great Googlies, there would be an adjustment! I have some doxies and I do not leave them unattended since they seem to find trouble to get into. Was your neighbor like this when he lived there?  He sounds like a real As hat. Did he have dogs? Children? It is so beyond stupid to think that throwing an object at a animal is going to make them be quiet or that someone else's dog is going to respond to your comand. I do know that is can be annoying to deal with a yapping dog from my two. I would definitely not leave her out alone due to her age and lack of hearing. I would also be thankful that the neighbor is leaving.

doxie

Respected Contributor

@MoJoV

hahahaha'

' I think that when he makes noise fixing things that she should throw rocks at him and tell him to "shut up"

I can see it on the news now! Man mowing grass was pelted with rocks!

doxie

Respected Contributor

@Lyn08

I don"t think a gate will keep a cat in. I am thinking you will have to secure her in another room.

doxie

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lyn08 wrote:

Do you have any suggestions for keeping my 2-year-old plus cat from running out my front door whenever I open the door (even just a little bit)?  

I live in an apartment bulding, and I'm tired of chasing her down the hall and picking her up.  If i'm only going to be gone a few minutes, I'll put her in another room and close the door, but I don't want to do that if I'll be out to lunch or out shopping.  I've thought of getting a pet gate.  I saw one that is very sturdy and is 36" high.  I know these work for dogs, but I'm not sure it would work for a cat.  My cat isn't a high jumper, however.

I have been volunteering at our shelter's

Annex for four years and we only have cats

and kittens there.

We use the pet gates with great success

and have never had any problems.

Cats don't like being behind closed

doors Cat Mad and I know that your

girl won't like it either.

It's definitely worth giving it a try.Cat Very Happy

Another suggestion...if you're going to

be out for an extended period of time

leave the radio on so that she can hear

music and the sound of people talking.

I do that with my four kitties (all rescues)

and at the Annex we keep the radio

on 24/7 on a classical music station.

Hope this helps!

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Memorial weekend! Hey doxie how are you feeling? Good to read your posts this morning.Smiley Happy