Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER MAY 21 - MAY 27

@beastielove,

"...and to all of the PCC posters ~

I wanted to ask if ANYONE's cat (mine is 10) is afraid of the thunder? Other than 'that' she's a loving, very intelligent healthy -alert cat. 

I thought beastielove would possibly know since she's around kitties to cats + dog all day long well,,,

`..most of the time.

We adopted Sashay at age 9-- four months after her birthday from our neighbor, so we never knew her fear-if any- and he's been away, had some knee repairs, along with some other issues...I never see him long enough to ask.

I, personally have had several kitties before marriage and certainly have had rescues when our son was small to college. I believe she's had a traumatic experience some time in her life? I have never seen this [ fear in running ] to hide. 

Hello dear friend, @beastielove. Heart

The photos are very cute, some completely hilarious. 

What a fun and interesting group of fun loving people. !

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@beastielove,

"...and to all of the PCC posters ~

I wanted to ask if ANYONE's cat (mine is 10) is afraid of the thunder? Other than 'that' she's a loving, very intelligent healthy -alert cat. 

I thought beastielove would possibly know since she's around kitties to cats + dog all day long well,,,

`..most of the time.

We adopted Sashay at age 9-- four months after her birthday from our neighbor, so we never knew her fear-if any- and he's been away, had some knee repairs, along with some other issues...I never see him long enough to ask.

I, personally have had several kitties before marriage and certainly have had rescues when our son was small to college. I believe she's had a traumatic experience some time in her life? I have never seen this [ fear in running ] to hide. 

Hello dear friend, @beastielove. Heart

The photos are very cute, some completely hilarious. 

What a fun and interesting group of fun loving people. !

Greetings my dear friend!

Actually I have had,and currently do

have,kitties who couldn't and can't

deal with the loud sound of thunder...

especially when it's so incredibly loud

and powerful that it shakes the cottage!

That makes me kind of edgy too! Cat LOL

Perhaps the "loudness" hurts their

kitty ears. Just a thought.

Sending your sweet girl lots of hugs

...please deliver!  (((((SASHAY)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@doxie1

@butterfly123

It could be an aqua colored budgie

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Thank you @Bird mama. I like this bird for you.FF2B53DB-5E39-4E74-88C0-837645508D6A.jpeg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beastielove - Thanks so much for your comments.  I plan to get a pet gate.  It's certainly worth a try.  My cat isn't much of a jumper (at least not high).  She will go from one surface to another (even to get into her cat tree beds that are 32" high).  So I'm pretty sure she would not try to jump over a 36" high gate.   I do not like to confine her to a room, but I need to do this for a short time until I get a pet gate.  I wouldn't keep her confined more than 20 minutes or so.  She has everything she needs in the den (food, water, toys, cat tree, litter box). 

Respected Contributor

@doxie1

No, I didn't think you were making a judgment.  I always go outside with her and usually sit on the patio while she does her business.  Since she's little and 11 years old, I like to make sure she is OK. 

Honored Contributor

@Lyn08 wrote:

@beastielove - Thanks so much for your comments.  I plan to get a pet gate.  It's certainly worth a try.  My cat isn't much of a jumper (at least not high).  She will go from one surface to another (even to get into her cat tree beds that are 32" high).  So I'm pretty sure she would not try to jump over a 36" high gate.   I do not like to confine her to a room, but I need to do this for a short time until I get a pet gate.  I wouldn't keep her confined more than 20 minutes or so.  She has everything she needs in the den (food, water, toys, cat tree, litter box). 

You're quite welcome! Cat Very Happy

I don't know where you live but if there's

a PetCo,a PetSmart,a Target or a Walmart

nearby you'll be able to find a petgate in

anyone of those places.

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

@beastielove

Have you or anyone (with cats) know ANYTHING about some type of **[ LIGHT WEIGHT]  cat LITTER apparently being unsafe to use, or any mention of THIS light weight  killing cats when they lick their paws?

I read briefly, on another (OLDER) thread( March) -then someone bumped it up saw this 1 hour ago.

Some poster -home-something told the other poster to look it up.

I believe the inquiring poster did and found  what I did- ...a bunch of stupid trivia relating to something else.

However, I did see on another video where 3 endorsements were running  explaining how safe the Tidy Cat light weight was, along with what I had seen , ```approximately 20+ other brands having the same -> light weight litter name on their brands bags,+++ buckets.

I want to hear what other cat owners KNOW, NOT look up some site. Apparently this questionable poster has no cats...I really don't know, nor do I care for anyone to tell someone to LOOK it up.

There is no apparent fact, even from snopes.

Just very concerned for all cat owners that may not know, if using.