Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER JUNE 29-JULY 5

@LuvMySpaniels wrote:

Feb 15 2010 Playtime 001.jpg

Happy Monday!

My two dogs shown here are litter-mates....always having the same health issues.   Last year, it was non-stop licking and chewing of their paws; then I discovered they had a yeast infection caused by too much wheat and rice.   I curtailed their intake of dog biscuits (Iams brand) and they were cured!   The tell-tail sign of a probable yeast infection is that a dog’s paws smell like corn chips (Fritos).

Panda .... Tuesday will be a challenge, and we pray that your recovery will be quick and your stamina will return soon for the holiday weekend.

And hoping everyone’s Fourth of July will be full of fun activities for the family and fur-babies.

LMS, your furkids are soooo sweet looking.  My dear departed Boston Terrier Sydni had the same frito feet.  Constantly trying different foods with her. Glad yours are cleared. Syd has been gone 5 years and still cry when I think of her..so special to me.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Regular Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I d/n realize until I bent over to kiss her for heeling so well that she wasn't on the other end....felt very foolish.  To make matters worse, we're on top of a hill so was hoping that none of the neighbors saw me walking around the yard, dragging a leash and talking to myselfWoman Embarassed  And, to tope it all off, Jade was sitting y the backsteps laughing at me!!!!!  (When I told them at rescue I wanted her (she had actually picked me out) she stood up, leaning on the counter next to me with this great big smile on her face - the same great big smile she had when I realized I had been walking around, dragging the leash, etc.)  Needless to say, she's spoiled - sometimes ya just have to laugh at yourself and go with the floe!  Now I always keep checking to make sure she's walking next to me.  I do get frustrated when she refuses to walk and I have to give in 'cause we're about th same size - got about twenty lbs on her, but she's stronger and the pack leader when outside.  Inside, I'm usually leader of the pack!!!

She catches the ball and brings it back to me - she'll put it in my hand usually.

Now she's got a "wound" on one paw.  She was walking fine this a.m., but think she chewed when I wasn't looking 'cause she's limping again.  she'll go into a different room when I'm busy so I don't realize she's chewing!  Gotta soak, etc. again.  Just very difficult habit to break!

Morning-One of my Goldens did the same thing.  Hers was seasonal allergies and she would chew until it was sore.  My vet had me put a little Gold Bond powder on her foot to sooth it.  I asked about if she licked the residue and he said it won't harm her and it has really helped.  He also had a spray that worked well to sooth and heal but I don't remember the name.  Her allergies are spring/fall.  Best of luck with finding what works for your furkid.

Honored Contributor

Thursday Morning Greetings To All

Q.... Welcome back!!! Your presence here was greatly missed!

Panda... Sending more prayers your way and hoping that you're getting stronger with each passing day and that you're not in too much pain.

Wishing everyone a totally fabulous day! :-)

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Super Contributor

Happy Thursday!

Forty-four posts already on FCC this week ~~ isn't that a record?  Perhaps the new forum is creating more curiosity than once thought.   Like many of you, I wanted to disengage, but kept on due to the great dialogue "between friends."   (The QVC moderators on other threads are keeping the "claws" at bay).

So happy to hear from Wayne~~we appreciated the positive update on Ms. Panda~~!!

Happy 4th of July celebrations to everyone~~stay safe.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]
Hi LuvMySpaniels! Your babies are beautiful BTW! No, 44 posts is not a record, but it is very nice to see so many posts. Back in the day Winocat (shout out!) and some more of our west coast friends would talk through the night and I would wake up to a couple hundred more posts. I think the record was somewhere around 700-800 in one week, lol! I could not keep up!
Respected Contributor

Happy Thursday Honkers

sheltie- I remember some of those many posts. We would get going back and forth through the night. I am afraid to say I think we may have gotten to 1600 in a week. I can remember when we would post while watching them sell Kenneth J Lane on the Q and everyone would comment about things We liked some of his things and some seemed a bit too much for us. There was a strawberry ring or pin that we threatened eachother with for many months. 

It is good to see more posts.

Regular Contributor

@beastielove wrote:

Thursday Morning Greetings To All

Q.... Welcome back!!! Your presence here was greatly missed!

Panda... Sending more prayers your way and hoping that you're getting stronger with each passing day and that you're not in too much pain.

Wishing everyone a totally fabulous day! :-)

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Hi Beastielove and thanksSmiley Happy  I am figuring out the new system, I think.  It looks so much better than the first few days.  I think the Q has worked hard to get the bugs out.

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable 4th of JulySmiley Happy

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I do remember something about that strawberry ring Doxie! I also remember a fur covered pole, spangles and other holiday decorations that are probably not PC now.
Valued Contributor

Zoo, I'm so glad to see you and Mojo/skylark!
Respected Contributor

hahahaaah  I remember the bear pole dancing!