Honored Contributor

THE PET CHAT CORNER JUNE 29-JULY 5

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets,it might not. Welcome one and all! Newcomers..introduce yourself,make a drink,pull up a chair and join us. We're a little nuts..but nice nuts!

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER JUNE 29-JULY 5

Last Monday Morning In June Greetings!

This month sure flew by! The 4th of July Holiday Week-end starts this Friday!

Panda... I know that your surgury is scheduled for tomorrow. Sending tons of very special prayers your way and please know in your heart that all of us will be with you and your DH in spirit.

Taz... Sending more special prayers to your furbaby Shelbee and hoping that he's feeling better.

Wishing all of you dear PCC friends a very pleasant day and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings you much happiness,good health and lots of pawsome stuff. :-)

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Beastie and all the PCC chatters just want to say good morning... sad to realize a lot of our friends have left because of this new format. I used to really look forward to coming here now well it just depresses me ... anyway, on the lighter side we still have a forum,Woman Happy have a good week all.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, you said this can be about pets, so here goes:  My furrybaby has a bad habit of naughing on her paws.  I've tried everything:  med, zyrtec, sour apple spray - to no avail!  I "wash" her paws daily by wrapping a clean facecloth soaked in salted, tepid water around each paw, then rub some prescription ointment in and then mushers.  Sometimes when she's over-enthusiastic she gets a sore on top or limps if the pad is sore.  We're togethe 24/7 and I stop her from "licking" whenever I can, but when I'm busy she ofen goes into a different room and does the deed.  Have any of you had this problem?  I'm looking for suggestions if you have any.  Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

Happy Monday dear PCC friends and furbabies!

Thank you to Beastie for starting us off this week!  Also, thank you for your kind words and prayers for my sugery tomorrow.  I will definitely have DH let everyone know how I am when we get home!

More prayers for Doxie, Taz and their furbabies!  Prayers also for every friend and furbaby during whatever summer weather pattern you are having in your area.

Apple, I am glad you are still with us and Sheltie, it was good to see you post last week!

Giving a shout out to Skylark,LuvMySpaniels, and all other friends here.

Hugs, prayers and love!Heart

Panda

Respected Contributor

Happy Honking Monday Honkers.

doxie

Respected Contributor

I forgot what I was going to post.

Taz said that Shellbe is eating better and she hopes on the road to recovery.

panda- I posted about more prayers for you on another thread. I also ventured to the labryinth with Liebchen to hold you, Shellbe  and others up in prayer. It was emotional with out our partner Schatzie but I like to think she is at the other end  processing our requests. I think between all of us you will be a well prayed for person!

doxie

Respected Contributor

apple- I am sorry that you feel depressed with the new forums.

gpldenlocks- It sounds like you have tried a lot to stop the habit. I had one that did that and I had to retrain her to replace that behavior with something she could lick. Everytime she startd licking her paw , I gave her the item she could lick and petted her as she started licking it. It took a little longer because I had been telling her "no" when she was licking. She only stopped while I was watching. I wanted her to not lick the paw at all. I did hav e to put one of those collars on her some when I was not with her at the beginning. Once she figured she could lick the toy and not get in trouble she did it more. When I got her paw healed then she had replaced it with the toy. Now the toy had to be either washed or replaced due to the icky factor but her paw stayed good. For my dog it was a habit so the  only way I was going to stop it was to replace it with another habit. I think it also helped to exercise her more so she would feel pooped. 

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

Tanx, Doxie - what you described is exactly what I've been going thru.  Jade never licks anything else.  The vet had had me pick up two large kongs and fill them with "cookies" and yogurt.  She would not lick them - I had to sccop the gunky goodies out of the kong for her to eat the treats.  May I ask what kind of toy you got your furrybaby to lick?  As far as playing ball with her, right now she's limping - sore pad.  But will try as soon as it heals.  Thanx for the advice..

Valued Contributor

Happy Monday! I have become quite the lollygagger strolling in at 1:30, lol!

Thanks Beastie for the start up!

Ok, I am in troubl already, I cannot scroll back to see the posters name who asked about the paw licking. I know I can respond indidually to posts, but that's not what I want to do. Smiley Sad I just wanted to say that Doxie had some good advice and I'm sure it is just going to take a while to retrain. I did wonder if salt water would be a further irritant though?

Doxie, I know that walking the labyrinth without Schatzie must have been emotional, but I think you are right, she is at the other end to get those prayers and deliver them!

Panda, you know I will be saying extra prayers as you go into surgery tomorrow. Please have your DH update as usual and thank him so much.

Ok, lunch break is over, have a good afternoon!