Respected Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER JULY 6-JULY12

[ Edited ]

This looks like a friendly, happy place! I am enjoying all your posts. I thought this would be a great place to ask any fellow dog owners if they ever had their dogs eyes operated on for cataracts. One of our senior Silky Terriers (14 years young) needs this done and I need  to know more about it. Any info/personal experience would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Respected Contributor

Happy Honking Friday Honkers. I hope everyone has a great Friday.

doxie

Honored Contributor

Saturday Morning Greetings

Wishing everyone a totally fabulous and chill-laxing week-end and hoping that all is well with you and your precious furbabies too. :-)

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

@Doxie wrote:

FROGS and Toads and dogs

The Colorado River Toad also called a Sonoran desert toad is found in SW US, mostly active from May to August.

The Marine taod also called a Giant or Cane toad is found in South Texas and parts of Florida. In Florida it is  in the SE coast in Dade, Monroe, Lee and Glader counties. There are a small bnumber in Tampa.

If in Florida go to the extension website and they  have a USGS Frog call lookup.

The Cane one is a serious problem if your pet comes in contact with it by mouthing it or eating it so it should be avoided.

Interesting that if you leave your dog's water dish out and the toad bathes in the water bowl and then your dog drinks there can be a reaction if the toad released any toxins in the the water.

Now we have a lot of common toads that also secrete a toxin but it is not as toxic. It can make your dog sick So even if you do not live in Florida you want to train your dog not to mess with toads or frogs.

Biggest cane toad on record is 15 inches long. 

doxie

doxie:  this sounds like the same info I read in the article my sister sent me.  thank you for sending this along.  our dog loves to jump on these toads and get them in his mouth, but doesn't bite them.  we will have to be more vigilant about discouraging this.  it is dark when my husband takes him......early morning.  our dogs sees them before my husband does LOL.  BTW we are in Collier County (when we are down there)

thanks for taking the time to comment on this!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I used to post here quite frequently.  Then with work and life in general I got out of the habit.  After all the "upgrades" I had a hard time finding the forum so one day awhile back I sat down and went looking.  I was part of the early group that was mentioned.  Yes, I know Doxie Cat LOL  She always has a good story.  I remember Kell starting us out too. 

I'm owned by a cairn terrer mix (Fuzzy), a wire-fox terrier (Annie) and a solid black DMH cat (Bum).  Fuzzy hates fireworks too.  He's not afraid of them he doesn't like the loud noise (and they didn't get permission from him to make the noise).  He feels the same about thunder.

I'd better get busy with my housework.  Hope everyone had a great day!

Respected Contributor

What a great surprise to see a post from Lost! I have thought of you, Fuzzy , Annie and Bum often. I hope all is well with you. I remember some of the cliff notes and funny stories from your crew too.

Summer is flying by and the peaches have been good. We had a lot of damage from the freeze but what we are getting taste great. Now the heirloom tomatoes make me weak in the knees.

I hope everyone has a great day.

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

I think my friends I am realy about done with QVC and there forums.. everytime I go on here I have to reset my password. And my name is on the sign on sheet not guest?  This is the fifth time I had to change my password and since I am not ordering anything from them anymore. i think it is time I said goodby to QVC forums like many of our friends have done. I will miss it and you but it is what it is. For a few mintues I thought maybe its my computer that is not compatable but, I soon learned that it is not my computer but, QVC horrible techtical issues. I was away for a week on vacation got back on today and could not get on. And had to reset once again.. I am glad a handful of pet chatters have still gotten on with no problem got the small problems they had worked out. For me I am still waiting for the "breadcrumbs". or the new "exciting " changes. I will miss these forums and the people here. I wish you all good health, take care... and farewell ... Apple1964 aka Anna , Libby , Steve and Tanya and our foursome.Woman Sad

Frequent Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

I think my friends I am realy about done with QVC and there forums.. everytime I go on here I have to reset my password. And my name is on the sign on sheet not guest?  This is the fifth time I had to change my password and since I am not ordering anything from them anymore. i think it is time I said goodby to QVC forums like many of our friends have done. I will miss it and you but it is what it is. For a few mintues I thought maybe its my computer that is not compatable but, I soon learned that it is not my computer but, QVC horrible techtical issues. I was away for a week on vacation got back on today and could not get on. And had to reset once again.. I am glad a handful of pet chatters have still gotten on with no problem got the small problems they had worked out. For me I am still waiting for the "breadcrumbs". or the new "exciting " changes. I will miss these forums and the people here. I wish you all good health, take care... and farewell ... Apple1964 aka Anna , Libby , Steve and Tanya and our foursome.Woman Sad

Oh,

@apple1964 wrote:

Oh, Anna, I sure am going to miss you.  I have loved reading about your wonderful family and sharing in your passion for all animals.  I hope that you come by from time to time.  You have become a very special friend!  Hugs, prayers and love!HeartPanda