Honored Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER JULY 30 - AUG. 5

@doxie1 wrote:
Beaglemom!

Yes it is me

My heart is smiling. Oh the nights we had!

@doxie1

As did 'our' little group of 'joke' friends, i.e: surfrider, Rich, etc., LOL!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@doxie1 wrote:
Beaglemom!

Yes it is me

@doxie1

As did 'our' little group of 'joke' friends, i.e: surfrider, Rich, etc., LOL!Heart

Oh My! We did have fun. That friend thread was so funny  I miss Rich and surfie. It was funny how we would go on for hours and all the jokes.

doxie

doxie

Respected Contributor

@Puddles

Love the Friday called poster.

doxie

Honored Contributor

@doxie1 wrote:

@KingstonsMom

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@doxie1 wrote:
Beaglemom!

Yes it is me

@doxie1

Oh My! We did have fun. That friend thread was so funny  I miss Rich and surfie. It was funny how we would go on for hours and all the jokes.

doxie

doxie

@doxie1

It was a lot of fun! I miss those days too!Heart

I actually still have some of our jokes from that thread in a file and I get warm, fuzzy feelings when I see our nics on the jokes, LOL!

Sentimental me.....sigh!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom

I wish I had kept a copy of some of the posts from the dumbest thread. That was so funny that I could read it and laugh all over!

doxie

Honored Contributor

@doxie1

Me too! That one lasted a really long time, with some hilarious posts!

Never forget the 'pooping moose'........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123 wrote:

CBF19EDD-C44B-4AB8-943E-EDE12D0744D7.jpeg

Furday Morning Greetings

Wishing all of my PCC sisters a

very pleasant and totally chill-laxing

day and that it marks the beginning

of a very pleasant and totally

chill-laxing week-end. HeartWoman Happy

@butterfly123

Love the photos of all of these kittehs!

We took in a new passel of wee little

kittehs at the Annex yesterday.The

shelter is on overload as it's still

Kitten Season. If ignorant people

would have the brains to spay and

neuter their cats and not let them

roam around outside it would help to

alleviate this sad situation that affects

shelters across the country and also

adds to the stray and feral cat population!. Cat Mad

(((((KITTEH HUGS)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

Happy Honking Saturday everyone!

I had an unscheduled cardiovascular checkup yesterday.. It went well since I am still here to tell you about it. We have had enough rain to float a boat. The rain had stopped and it was time to get the delinquent doxies out. When they saw the rain was gone they charged outside. We went in the front yard and they were tending to things. I looked down and there was a snake inches from my feet. I would like to say I froze to remain calm but the truth is that I was frozen in fear for a moment.The dogs were on the other side of the snake and had not seen it yet. I could not tell where the head of the snake was but could tell it was not poisonous. I was still in fear and my heart was racing. The girls saw me and started running to me. Without much thought I threw one leg over the "400 pound, 20 foot long" snake so I could grab the dogs before they hit the snake. They jumped so hard they nearly made me loose my balance . I kept thinking of the "400 pound,20 foot snake between my feet. As soon as I had hold of both dogs I used all of my strength to leap over the 400 pound, 20 foot snake. As I landed I kept backing up. I think I used something that had not been used in a while because I now had a get in my get-a-long. The dogs are running in circles tangling me in leashes as I am trying to decide if I am going to live to get to the phone to dial 911.  I yell at the dogs and they calm down . My heart is starting to calm down so I think my checkup is over. That is when the DML comes to action. He sees the 400 pound,20 foot snake and goes after it. I don't want him eaten by the 400 pound 20 foot snake so I grab a broom to try to keep him off the snake. I am now holding two delinquent dogs on leashes with one hand while swinging a broom with another hand moving the DML. The DML is distracted and all is well until the 400 pound 20 foot snake decides to move. The DML took a mighty pounce to get the 400 pound 20 foot snake. The delinquent dogs were now interested and wanting in on the fun. I took the broom and gave a mighty swing and it whooshed through the air which seem to distract the DML. The broom dropped on the 400 pound 20 foot snake. Well this seemed to make the DML mad so he stalked off.  I let go of the broom and backed off. I was convinced I was not going to make it with my heart racing so fast. 

I did make it to the phone and called my neighbor. I was still out of breath and hard to understand so he just came running. As  I pointed to the broom that was now moving he saw the 400 pound 20 foot snake. Here is the amazing part of the story. I did not realize what brooms do to snakes. My neighbor went and picked up the 400 pound 20 foot snake. I was amazed at the sight. That snake had shrunk to less that 10 pounds and only 4 to 5 feet in length! He took the snake to his house and set it free and came back. I told him I felt like I had just completed every heart test known.

So lesson is..... keep a broom handy to shrink snakes!

doxie

Honored Contributor

(((((HUGS))))) for @doxie1.Heart
“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh