Super Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER JULY 27 - AUGUST 2

All PCC friends ….  August is almost upon us, and the searing heat is too extreme for my canines and felines; hope yours are relaxing with a cool bowl of water!

Corner Road …. You certainly have a “gang” at your home, and those WEN pups are certainly lucky dogs!    Casey sounds like a sweetheart and giving you lots of ‘puppy love’ even in his golden years.

Maestra …. Bless you for adopting Redford, I was touched by your story.  My two cockers were rescued also.  Prayers ascending for your healing as well!

Panda …. Prayers for you for endurance, and that your first grade experience will be gratifying and calm.

Respected Contributor

Hello everyone.

doxie

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good day to ALL!  It was nice to catch up on your adventures this week.  All of our furbabies are keeping cool, not too much activity.  Blondie got pampered at the Salon yesterday and she is sporting a new hairdo!  She got a shave down.  She seems to love it,  it's so much cooler.

I thought I would try to quickly share about my "stuff".  I am a 32 veteran teacher.  I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lobular Carsinoma Breast Cancer 9-24-14.  It has metastized to my bone.  Spent most of last year out of the classroom dealing with Chemo.  Since May I have been recovering from Chemo getting stronger (doing Physical Therapy) for my Mastectomy on Aug. 24.  After recovering from surgery I will have Radiation 5 days a week for 6 to 6 1/2 weeks.  If I'm not posting too much, I am fixing to be tied up getting my classroom ready and pre-surgery appointments.  Once my room is ready and I spend a few days doing inservice, I will be out for the next probably 12 weeks of school.

My furbabies have already wondered about my schedule as they have gotten used to me being home (in bed or on couch).  I know that they will be a great comfort to me as well as my family.  My daughter is to be married tomorrow so we've had "stuff"  Thank goodness she is just doing an intimate ceremony (fewer than 10 people) so that has eased up on the "stuff"  I've had to deal with.

I know we all have "stuff"  My prayers are with each of you as I read your posts I lift up prayers for you.  God has blessed me and tended to me.  I have faith that He has got this!  Isaiah 40:31

Edited to include:  I would like to thank you in advance for any good thoughts and prayers that you should send my way.  I can tell this is a great group Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

maestra- Healing prayers coming your way. I cracked up at the phrase "wee bit naughty" That definitely described my two delinquent dachshunds. One of them had to be sent to the bridge recently and is still missed.

doxie

Valued Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

Hello to my wonderful PCC friends and furbabies! 

I am so happy to see so many new posters here!  I was a Girl Scout and we had a song that sums up how I feel about all of my cherished friends here!

"Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold!"

I started back to school today.  Teachers go this week and our kiddos will come next week.  I am not sure if I told anyone here but I am moving from Kindergarten to first grade this year.  I am a little nervous but change is good!

God's blessings to all who post here!

Hugs, prayers and love!Heart

Panda

If you survived Kindergarten you will do great in 1st grade!  Twelve of my 32 years have been in 1st grade.  You will be surprised at how much some will mature over the summer.  You've got this!Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

BarbFromTX

Thanks for sharing your year-long “journey” with your new friends here….we have witnessed miracles for those in need on this very thread.

As an educator, your drive for excellence and love for your students will give you the motivation to endure any trials that come.   And most important, through Him, all things are possible.

Congratulations on being the mother-of-the-bride, and my best wishes for your daughter’s big day!  You have so much to look forward to….and please, let us all here be part of your support system as well!   (SS from PA)

Contributor

My dear brbfromTX~

I am a prayer warrior, so you are now included on my list. 

It sounds like you have been a very busy lady and will be as you prepare for what you need to do to take care of you.

Sending the best of wishes and blessings your way for your daughter as she begins her new journey.

August 24 is the first day for students to return to school where I work.  I will make sure I am not too busy to remember that is your surgery day. 

You take care, and God bless you and your family as well.

"Everyone understands a smile."

Pink cancer ribbon tree.jpg

Respected Contributor

@brbfromTX wrote:

@Pandalady wrote:

Hello to my wonderful PCC friends and furbabies! 

I am so happy to see so many new posters here!  I was a Girl Scout and we had a song that sums up how I feel about all of my cherished friends here!

"Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold!"

I started back to school today.  Teachers go this week and our kiddos will come next week.  I am not sure if I told anyone here but I am moving from Kindergarten to first grade this year.  I am a little nervous but change is good!

God's blessings to all who post here!

Hugs, prayers and love!Heart

Panda

If you survived Kindergarten you will do great in 1st grade!  Twelve of my 32 years have been in 1st grade.  You will be surprised at how much some will mature over the summer.  You've got this!Smiley Happy

Aww...thank you so much brbfromTX.  We had our Open House tonight and it was so great to come home and read your sweet and encouraging message!  It is also a blessing to know other educators on this board!  God has blessed me with many friends here!  I really appreciate your support of me and I will definitely write about my year!  Are you still teaching or are you retired now?Cat Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

LuvMySpaniels, CRG and brbfromTX,

I am honored and blessed to be among wonderful women and educators on this board.  As we embark on a new school year, all the best for each of you!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

(((((CRG, Pandalady, LuvMySpaniels)))))
Hugs and Thanks!!! for everything.
Even though it's a big day for me, August 24 is our first day of school too and I will be praying for ALL of my silver & gold teacher friends as well as students across our country. Goodnight and love to all.

Edited to add:  Still teaching. Last year & this year I have Gifted & Talented Intervention. 

I have 15 years experience in Missouri and 17 in Texas.

The breakdown:  6 yrs. 4th grade, 12 yrs. 3rd grade, 12 years 1st grade, this year makes 3 years GT Intervention.  In 2002 I also was Intervention because I was having my son that year.