Respected Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER JULY 27 - AUGUST 2

@Corner Road Gang wrote:

Panda, I remember that friendship song from Girl Scouts too : )

Your school year begins early.  I am employed in a public school.  Work in a middle school library.  We begin later, so I still have some time off for the summer break, which did not begin until 6/11 for me.  Students do not begin school until 8/24.  Best wishes for a great school year and your transition over to first grade.  I am sure you will do well with your class.

I am sure you take moments with your cherubs each day to "paws" for reading.

Enjoy!

"Everyone understands a smile."

CRG, first of all, your little girl is so cute!Cat Very Happy  Second, it is so wonderful to meet a fellow educator!  In our county, we are on a balanced calendar.  Our kiddos start next week but we have a week off in September.  It took many years to get used to this schedule but I like having more time off during the year!  Thanks for the well wishes. I wish for you a fabulous school year ahead!  I love your reminder to "paws" for reading!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Contributor

Hump day, and day 3 for baths for the CRG.  Skylar's turn!  He doesn't like baths any more.  He did love them at one time...  He is 14.  If anyone would overhear him, they would think there was a very old lady in this house struggling, and getting abused.  He has the oddest voice, always has.  Feel bad until he gets finished, but baths are a must no matter their age.  Especially with him since he has had a chronic skin condition, and I use a special shampoo on him. He is not a Wen boy.  LOL  He also has a heart mumur that has been discovered just since his last wellness exam.  It is a 5/6.  He keeps chugging along.  No coughing yet...  God love him : )

Skylar 2-20-13.jpg 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wednesday Morning Greetings

Welcome to our newest PCC posters...spix,tends2dogs,IG and CindyinNC!!

We love it when we add members to our "family" hope that you'll continue to join us here as often as you can. :-)

Wishing everyone a fur-tastic day!

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Contributor

Yes, everyone knows I am an animal lover at my school and in my library.  They know I have multiple dogs. 

On the front of my desk I made my own sign with my name that says Paws for Reading and has paw prints on it.  Fitting don't you think? 

On my hallway door I made a sign, with my name, that has a black dog (Scottie) that is peering through a magnifyng glass, into a red book, searchng for proper information, hopefully, LOL

May is pet month, so one year I had the staff bring pics of their pets in. I did a bulletin board.  The students and staff enjoyed seeing the pets of the staff.  Animals are amazing.  Lightens things up even in education!  Some said it was a favorite display, and I didn't even have to get creative to do it.  Didn't hurt my feelings that I didn't REALLY have to work at it but put it up. They all supplied it.  LOL

There is a teacher that is BIG into rescue.  She is fiding homes for dogs all the time.  I don't know how she does it!  She has multiple dogs too and horses!  She will be retiring soon.  We know what she will be doing since she puts so much time and effort into rescue while she works.  Bless her!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning everyone,it's going to be a hot day here again.  I've been walking Angie evenings.  She has a pretty thick coat for this heat.

Panda  seems you just started vacation and you're back to school.  I think 1st graders will be fun for you and open new doors for you. 

Sheltie must be hot for Lily with all that lovely Sheltie fur.  Someone down the block has one.  It's beautiful tricolor.  And they keep her groomed like a show dog. They are really eyecatching puppers arent they?

I cant stand anymore of the Cecil the  lion slaughter.  I get so sad and angry it drives me to distraction. I know all of you here are the same.

Hello the ALL THE NEW MEMBERS & Doxie, Q, Ncchange, Luvsspaniels,Apple ,and any one else Ive missed.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

Honk! Happy Hump Day! Welcome to all the new posters! 

Skylark, I try to walk Lily early in the morning then right before dark. Problem is when I get home at 5ish it's still hot and she still wants to walk, will not go in the back yard. So I just keep to the shade as much as possible. Supposed to get a break soon. I'd say hugs to you and Angie and Daisy, but it's so hot even Lily wants no part of it, lol!

i noticed that there all the control features available now for posting with an iPad. Sorry if my type was so huge before, lol!

I tried to post a picture from my camera roll, and it looked like it was coming in upside down. I've posted it ok on Instagram, does anyone have any ideas on this?

Waving hi to anyone stopping in tonight! Stay cool!

Contributor

And the baths continue in the CRG household.  Casey,15, the last shih tzu got his bath bright and early. He has quite a story.  He "supposedly" has lymphoma and here he is 4 + years later chugging along. All though Frost, 4 is the youngest and a momma baby, Casey hangs out the most with me in the kitchen, while the others slumber.  He just loves it!  He is such and inspiration.  Just the fact that he turned 15 in May is amazing in itself!   His vet is amazed. and claims he has never seem anything like Casey.  The lumps in his neck had some size to them, and the past year and half they have gone down dramatically.  It is a mystery and maybe not...  God love him : )

And yes, Casey is a dog, not a cat with nine lives.  LOL

Casey.jpg

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone! My name is maestra and I usually post over at beauty. I am also iin well ness board since I'm going through some 'stuff' right now that I thik cancer surviviors may be able to help me with.

I'm here b/c we just rescued (my only breed) an AKC petite cocker spaniel named Redford (Oakhill's Sundance Kids Redford). He is 2 years old and was shown before his owner/breeder died/dementia. about 6 months agao all the dogs fell into neglect; they had been cared for and were always much beloved. All 6 remaining babies went to breed specific rescues. He is my 'baby', and just a wee bit naughty. We have only had him 4 days and each day is an adventure for him in family living.

Honored Contributor

maestra wrote:

Hi everyone! My name is maestra and I usually post over at beauty. I am also iin well ness board since I'm going through some 'stuff' right now that I thik cancer surviviors may be able to help me with.

I'm here b/c we just rescued (my only breed) an AKC petite cocker spaniel named Redford (Oakhill's Sundance Kids Redford). He is 2 years old and was shown before his owner/breeder died/dementia. about 6 months agao all the dogs fell into neglect; they had been cared for and were always much beloved. All 6 remaining babies went to breed specific rescues. He is my 'baby', and just a wee bit naughty. We have only had him 4 days and each day is an adventure for him in family living.

Welcome to the PCC maestra!

We always love to add more members to our animal loving,wonder-fur,Troll Free, family! :-)

Bless you for rescuing Redford...I know that he'll fill your life with tons of the best stuff ever...unconditional love!

I noticed that you're a Cancer survivor so I'm sending lots of special prayers your way and hope that you continue to get stronger each passing day.

-------------------------------------------

All of my childrenhaver paws =^..^=

Contributor

Welcome Maestra to the PCC.  I just read your 'stuff' as you referred to it on wellness.  I will add you to my daily prayer list.  

I am sitting here wearing a shirt that says, "don't let anything dull your sparkle".  They were made up in support of a co-worker because that is her quote of choice as she battles her cancer.  She truly is an inspiration.

I am glad you have given Redford a loving home.  I am sure he will add much happiness to your household.

Keep us posted how he adjusts.  Post a pic.  I bet he is a handsome young pup : )

Holding you close in thought and prayer, Maestra.