Honored Contributor

THE PET CHAT CORNER JULY 27 - AUGUST 2

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets,it might not. Welcome one and all! Newcomers...introduce yourself,make a drink,pull up a chair and join us. We're a little nuts...but nice nuts!

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER JULY 27 - AUGUST 2

Monday Morning Greetings

Wishing all of you dear friends a very pleasant day and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings each of you much happiness,good health and lots of pawsome stuff! :-)

Hoping that all is well with you and your precious furbabies too. :-)

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Just want to say hello before I leave for camp. Have a good week with your animals. Have a nice day. Your friend Libby

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!

I figured that this was a good place to ask:  if you give your dogs coconut oil, how much do you give?  My dog weighs 85 pounds.

Everyone have a wonderful day!  90 in Michigan today - finally summer!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

Good morning to all!  Safe travels to all who may be on the road.  We would like to get in a quick trip before mid-August, but work schedules and doctors' appointments are interfering.  Sami dislikes travel anyway!!  Well, we really need to get busy and clean around here before August rolls around!  We have tried to make improvements each day, but that has turned into well, maybe making an improvement each week!!  ha, ha       Hugs to all for a wonderful day!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning,hope everyone had a nice weekend.  We've had son and granddaughter here since Weds. night for a visit. Very busy seeing the lovely city,Chicago.  We're so lucky to live a 20 minute drive from it and the lakefront. Everything is so easily accessible.  Best part was having son and daughter and our 2 granddaughters together. 

Angie is really shy around our son,though.  She finally warmed up to my husband after 4YEARS!!  

Have a great week everyone.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Hi fellow animal lovers! I'm so looking forward to a good week that I woke up with a real grin on my face! Hope everyone has a great week!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Happy Honking Monday everyone.

IG- If I woke up with that smile on my face , people would want to know what I was up to!

doxie

Respected Contributor

Just dropping by to say Hello All, such a nice group. I was dogless for 2 years, but now (1 month) have adopted (Animal Control) a 3yr old black lab mix (I only see lab but hey I'm not a Vet) she is a sweetie & seems to be settling in well. When I took her to my Vet they scanned her, she is chipped which AC did tell me but no info, so my Vet contacted her previous Vet & got all info (did not tell me who the Vet is) said she was last seen in 2/2015, well cared for, all shots up to date, etc. gave me the owners name/phone#/address, apparently he doesn't answer his phone, I'm sure AC tried, she was there for 2 months, listed as a stray. Now my problem is when I had in to the Vet she was uncontrollable around the other animals, my strength is not what it used to be so I had a hard time keeping her close, I'm afraid to walk her as my neighborhood has many dogs & I really don't want a confrontation that might turn serious, so I'd appreciate any ideas/hints you can give me. Otherwise I love her dearly & can't imagine giving her up should the situation arise. I know this has gone on too long, hope I explained it well & will appreciate all your comments Thanx & have a great day
Valued Contributor

Hi SPIX - congrats on your new addition.  

I'm looking for similar advice. 

My BF adopted an 11mo Siberian Husky off Craigs List two weeks ago. We're not sure how he's going to act around dogs. 

He had the dog for less than a week and (we) had to kennel him due to a family emergency out of state. Prior owners had him microchipped, gave us vet records, a crate, food and a toy. He's very very mouthy and rambunctious. Not the first Siberian he's had but never had one that insisted on grabbing arms for attention. The mouthiness is decreasing a bit and he's going to have his first visit to the vet in a few days. Way too skinny per our kennel owner. Since we live in separate towns, I won't get to see the little prince until the weekend. 

Have you thought about getting a trainer to come to the house and help you? I have this on my list if things don't improve within a few months. We are in our late 50's-early 60's. 

Cindy