Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER JULY 27 - AUGUST 2

Frost is a Wen girl.  She had her bath today.  She fits right in the kitchen sink.  She smells so good!  Good start to the week!  Perhaps she didn't think so...

Now the rest of the CRG are waiting their turns...

"Everyone understands a smile."

!Frost 2 years.jpg

Respected Contributor

spix

I would think about working with a trainer for a few sessions. I also would get one of the  harness that prevent her from pulling. They are designed to not need hercules strength on your part.  You will be amazed. 3 is still young for a Lab. You will be so happy if you prevent the out of control behavior before it gets to be a problem.

Thanks for rescuing a dog.

doxie

Super Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Good Morning!

I figured that this was a good place to ask:  if you give your dogs coconut oil, how much do you give?  My dog weighs 85 pounds.

Everyone have a wonderful day!  90 in Michigan today - finally summer!

Start slowly over a one-month period of introducing the coconut oil into your dog's diet .... striving for 1 Tablespoon per ea. 30 lbs.   My dogs actually licked it off the spoon!   The coconut liquefies at room temp. .... so store in cool place.   (Due to numerous petfood recalls, I now make my dogs' food from scratch, and switched from using coconut to distilled Cod liver oil caplets to supplement vital nutrients).

Ninety degrees also here in southern PA .... and am enjoying it after the wicked winter we had!  

All PCC friends ... happy Monday and stay cool the rest of your week!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honk! Happy Monday! It is hot here in WNY and going into the 90's this week. ( I know for some of you that's not hot, but with no AC it's a little warm) don't mind for me, just have to be careful walking the girl dog.

Thanks for the start up beastie!

skylark, glad you are having a nice visit with your family!

welcome newcomers! This is a nice place with good folks and it's nice to have you stop and chat!

Doxie, if it's hot here, can't imagine what you are getting. Hoping you and Leibchen and DML are managing to stay cool.

apple and Libby - good to see you hanging in there with me!

Waving to panda, NChg, QsZoo, dapet, CRG, LuvsMySpaniels, brbfromTX... Ok with all the changes I know I will leave someone out, but I donT mean to - I'm kind of forgetful in any case!

hope this is a good start to the week for everyone and all the furbabies. Prayers continue, alway, for those in need.

Valued Contributor

Holy cow, I can read this without my glasses on, lol!

Respected Contributor

Hello to my wonderful PCC friends and furbabies! 

I am so happy to see so many new posters here!  I was a Girl Scout and we had a song that sums up how I feel about all of my cherished friends here!

"Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold!"

I started back to school today.  Teachers go this week and our kiddos will come next week.  I am not sure if I told anyone here but I am moving from Kindergarten to first grade this year.  I am a little nervous but change is good!

God's blessings to all who post here!

Hugs, prayers and love!Heart

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

@LuvMySpaniels wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

Good Morning!

I figured that this was a good place to ask:  if you give your dogs coconut oil, how much do you give?  My dog weighs 85 pounds.

Everyone have a wonderful day!  90 in Michigan today - finally summer!

Start slowly over a one-month period of introducing the coconut oil into your dog's diet .... striving for 1 Tablespoon per ea. 30 lbs.   My dogs actually licked it off the spoon!   The coconut liquefies at room temp. .... so store in cool place.   (Due to numerous petfood recalls, I now make my dogs' food from scratch, and switched from using coconut to distilled Cod liver oil caplets to supplement vital nutrients).

Ninety degrees also here in southern PA .... and am enjoying it after the wicked winter we had!  

All PCC friends ... happy Monday and stay cool the rest of your week!

Thanks for the advice Luv!  I gave my guy about a quarter teaspoon and he gobbled it right off the spoon.  I will increase the amount gradually.  I make my dog's food, too.  I have made if for his whole life......he will be 9 in November.  I also supplement with a multivitamin, brewers yeast, and a natural anti inflammatory for joints.  He loves carrots, apples, raw potatoes, just about anything I offer.

Thanks again!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Thank you both for the advice, I am going to get one of those harness things & hope that helps, she is great at home & listens well. My DS is in from Vegas, he owns a dog training business, he said he will help me but will only be in town for 1 week. I'll keep you posted Once again, Thanx
Contributor

Day two for baths in the Corner Road Gang house hold.  It was Morgan's turn.  First time for mom to share her bottle of summer mango coconut Wen.  Frost is jealous since she had to use her usual pomegranate yesterday. Now both the gal shih tzus smell wonderful!

The boy shih tzus know they will be next...

Morgan 2-20-13.jpg

Contributor

Panda, I remember that friendship song from Girl Scouts too : )

Your school year begins early.  I am employed in a public school.  Work in a middle school library.  We begin later, so I still have some time off for the summer break, which did not begin until 6/11 for me.  Students do not begin school until 8/24.  Best wishes for a great school year and your transition over to first grade.  I am sure you will do well with your class.

I am sure you take moments with your cherubs each day to "paws" for reading.

Enjoy!