Respected Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER JULY 2 - JULY 8

Max is a cutie, Hootie!  

@Hooty

Respected Contributor

Hello sweet friends!

I hope everyone is doing well.  Lots of hugs, blessings and prayers for you all and your precious furbabies!  Wecome @grandma petes and @Hooty!

Happy 4th of July from Snoopy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Trusted Contributor

@doxie1Oh my gosh....that’s the cutest story ever!!! They are listed as one of the smartest breeds....and one of only a few that actually get smarter the older they get....who knew!!!😊😊Buddy is an amazing little guy and the joy and love he has given us for 14 years is priceless. It is so hard for me to see him like this...thanks for sharing.😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

HAPPY FUR-TH OF JULY!!!

From me and my paw-triotic kittehs..

Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack!!

------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Respected Contributor

Hello Honkers!

I hope everyone is doing well.

I am wondering what skylark fed her guests.

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

I had seen ( just coming home and was browsing) the 4th posting of yours. 

Very cute, but have no use

..{{actually never thought too much 'bout the loud noises}} until we have Sashay now- 2 years this October>>>> scared her to a frenzy to the lower level; had the telvision volume up to drown out most of 4 continuous hours of BooM and SizzleS. 

So much for childish little games-grateful that is over, but did want to remind everyone we had a distressing night on the 2nd/July.

ordered some great toys, thought about a duplicate of one of her favorites.

Her most loved is a wand tease chaser that has cotton type content and a few feathers.

My husband plays with her for about 1/2 hour each morning ...`Oh, so therapeutic as exercise, being 10 years old. She has the energy of an eight month old kitten, however, this was a favorite flamingo, the same as the previous.

She jumps very high and catches -whatever- the toy was inferior, but with this (1) made in china ( aren't they all had some darn loose manufacturing pieces of plastic.

I had endorsed this brand in the 4 stars, only to notice [this one] was inferior.

She was choking. A small sliver of transparent plastic was stuck on the right side of her throat where she could not breathe. I immediately did my best as I would with a human, doing hard compression strikes to her back, exactly like the familiar Heimlich maneuver.

What I wanted was a regurgitation response to bring up any stomach content and hope to find the embedded plastic attachment come out before it stopped her breathing completely, and so it did.

I sifted through and found it, not any larger than a a fine 1/16th of an inch, i.e., small needle with a jagged point.

Just a reminder for new toys no matter what label they come under. 

We have removed the feathers and pulled  all apparent small plastic coming through from the toy's body content. 

Having a family to care for and having faith in these 'pet' products have made me very suspicious... made in mass production... from good ol' China.

Just a warning- check all toys for all pets.

I had read of reviews of these very same happenings but chalked it up to toys from the a discount place. Not so!

Added note: @beastielove

I had told you I would visit your thread. I thought this would be the perfect constructive suggestion, and have appreciated every single post read that you have Heartèd me. 

Stay well my busy volunteer, you are doing quite well.

I am not here as often as some but do find you at least once a week.

It does prevent stress on you, if you are not super committed with home & chidren + 1 husband, along with business outside 80% of the time.  Preparing meals is a big one for me. DO NOT LIKE.

I believe you are so full of energy; what you love comes so easily. Happiness, that's pretty close to choosing wisely.

I know we did.

I hope to see you very soon, again.  (>Heart<) NAES

Font size:

I am still having questionable thought for many forums and each poster, thus the larger size for anyone that may have any impaired eyesight maladies reading this.

Please excuse the #5 if too large. Smiley Happy with a Heart Many posters do need the larger font. Let me know what you think what your regulars are more comfortable with lately. that helps me so much.

Thank you- Cat Happy = 4.

Head bumps for your sweet happy four.

Honored Contributor

(((((HeartNAES & SASHAYHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

@NAES1

Wow, It is good to see your post. I am sorry about what you went through with the dog toy. I have had to be very selective on what I get for the girls. Even some of the US made ones are no match for one of my delinquents! I am so glad your baby is OK.

doxie

Warning in the graphic area.

For a while I thought that one of my dogs was a pez dispenser because I was having to search everything coming out her hind end. Boy did I get teased by neighbors that happened to drive by at just the right time.!

Esteemed Contributor

Hellooooooooooooooooo Doxie,  Woman Happy &Heart,

I haven't heard from you since last February. 

I do once every ten days stroll over and read what's new about everyone's pet and if they have gotten a new one. 

Sashay has been with us for nearly two years.

The man next door had Sashay and a dog that she was raise with from birth.

At that time we were trying to tame a little feral cat with a broken leg and 'almost' made it until some male cat had bitten her leaving her with a bad infection. We could not catch her, but do know she was, or had been with someone and left to fend for herself.

She was found dead the same day the neigbor's dog died.

I wanted no more pets after the 5 we had during the last 20 years. One living with an amputated leg from sarcoma, but I loved and took very special care of him until he was 18.

Before that his brother had died at at 17...eating chem lawn sprayed grass that we knew only briefly, or I would not have let him out. The vets didn't even figure that one out!! 

I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU AND A SMALL STORY HOW YOU HAVE BEEN DOING. 

I do not know many on pet lovers. Actually, being on & off here for almost 7 years I have very few postings.

My family, work and painting keeps me very busy, but I try to stay in contact. i have maybe 20 great friends, if that,

I post with.

After the feral kitty died so suddenly, my lovingly husband adopted a sweet  ..( just adopted her from the SPCA)... a real sweetheart. SHE WAS SURRENDERED BY HER FAMILY.

She was 10 years old when she was suddenly ABRUPTLY TAKEN on her birthday, March 18th to the SPCA.

Just when she was settled in, but missing her forever home, we learned she had squamous cell carcinoma.

We had her to the veterinarian hospital more times than she was with us, it seemed. I believe the family knew and would not put out the $$s. How cruel is that?

The neighbor's dog had died and he quickly adopted another younger dog that scared Sashay- a one cat to 1 home cat.

Then he brought in a mama cat and her babies.

Some man that cut his grass had them and told our neighbor he was leaving and they were going to left.

Sashay had her entire 8 years being horribly upset, so she came over here and never left.

She has to be one of the most highly intelligent cats I have been around. She's 10 years old, now and loves HOME.  Strangely, when we knew her as our neighbor's cat she was more of a outside cat, but now she very seldom goes out -and that would be /w/husband/ yard.

It's GREAT that you were here and read the message. 

@beastielove ~~~we go further back to at least 6 years. she is so busy it is seldom i even catch her. I love what she does and has the time. She's a fine lady.

I'll be looking for you when you get special posting time or see you with beastielove's thread. We all seem to be very busy. 

Thank you @doxie1 

for posting where you had read. Heart