Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER JULY 17TH - JULY 23RD

Hi all,hope your day is going well. It's very hot here in the Chicago burbs..but it is July.  The oral surgery went well,a little sore but glad its over. Have a phobia about Drs. and Dentists. 

Lately Daisy has been aggressive toward Angie. I don't know if this is because she knows Angie is now blind. Daisy is a 10lb. Brussels Griffon dog and Angie is a 25lb Doxie mix. I never had them get into like this before. Daisy has always been the head Diva in the house but now she's getting overboard. Any advice?

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

desertDi wrote:

≈^••^≈     I'm embarressed to tell you that I kinda overplayed my paw.   Old Furless brought home some sliced turkey from the deli.    I decided to be snooty, ya know, "hard to please"........ and stuck my nose in the air.   Well.......guess what?.......SHE ATE MY TURKEY................     And there I sat......expecting to be "coaxed".......     Kitty

Total bummer Cuz!!

Hopefully OF will take pity on you

and get you a roasted chicken

because after all, you are you!!!! Cat LOL

Hugz

Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack

Cat HappyCat HappyCat HappyCat HappyCat Happy

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi - Ha, my kitty acts the same way.  Sometimes I'll put bits of sliced deli turkey in her dish, and she'll turn her nose up and walk away.  Other times, she'll eat the turkey.

Kitty does not like wet food, so other than the sliced turkey bits once in awhile, she only eats dry food.  I've tried and tried different types of wet food, and she only will lick one brand of food and leaves the chicken or turkey bits.

Do any of you who have cats brush their teeth?  The vet recommended that I brush her teeth, but there's no way I can do that.  I have a hard enough time cleaning her eye tears (she has a flat face). 

Honored Contributor

@Lyn08 wrote:

@Desertdi - Ha, my kitty acts the same way.  Sometimes I'll put bits of sliced deli turkey in her dish, and she'll turn her nose up and walk away.  Other times, she'll eat the turkey.

Kitty does not like wet food, so other than the sliced turkey bits once in awhile, she only eats dry food.  I've tried and tried different types of wet food, and she only will lick one brand of food and leaves the chicken or turkey bits.

Do any of you who have cats brush their teeth?  The vet recommended that I brush her teeth, but there's no way I can do that.  I have a hard enough time cleaning her eye tears (she has a flat face). 

@Lyn08 wrote:

@Lyn08    Kitty would NEVER allow me to brush her teeth.   I can't even brush her fur for longer than "maybe" 2 minutes at a time.   Kitty came to my back door in a rainstorm.   She was wearing a collar with a phone number inside, but the person (male) who answered the phone denied ever having a cat......in fact, he said, "I hate cats".    I believe the former owner badly mistreated her.    And, she is still terrified of men......she runs and hides.  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@MoJoV

Thanks for asking. I have been in and out of hospital. They are still trying to get me going again. I am thankful for all healing prayers.

I hope your dentist visit went OK.

Healing thoughts to Panda as well.

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

@doxie1 so sorry to hear you've been in the hospital.  Miserable places but when you need them you need them.  I think of you often and wish you all the best. Blessings to you,friend.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

Good morning to all and there pet children.  Another muggy and hot day in central NJ. We are in a heat wave as most of us are . And loving our pool even more this summer then last summer.  We have some news our Tanya became engaged this summer and both of them are in  veterinarian school in fact that is how they met. We already met the boys family and they are about our age. Tanya is going to be 20 in October [can not believe this]  and the kids promised they would not get married until they both finish school. Which pleased us greatly as children these days hurry into things too quickly.  Steve is not too pleased but, of course nobody is good enough for his daughter. They both have many years of school to finish so we will see what happens with this romance. Just wanted to share our happy news with all of you... Hoping all of you are well and your fur kids too... AnnaWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

Sunday Afternoon Greetings

Wishing all of my dear PCC sisters a

peaceful and blessed remainder of

the day.HeartWoman Happy

Sending lots of special healing prayers

to panda,doxie and skylark.

Anna..

Congatulations to Tanya and her fiance!Heart

I can't believe that she's going to be 20.

When I first met you all those years ago

on this thread she was still in public school!

(((((SISTER HUGS)))))

------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=