Honored Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER JAN. 18 - JAN. 24

desertDi wrote:

>^..^<   Mother Cat moved my kitchen throne over under the table because she thought it was too cold by the window.     Can't she see I'm wearing a FUR COAT?     I had to push it back by the window all by myself with my nose.

You go girl!!!!!! Cat Very HappyCat LOL

Hugz

Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,Henry & Jack

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

@beastielove, "...wish to tell you that KitTEE, our sweet feral, did come Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. 

She has, now, a canopy over the wrought iron swing that secures a complete double non leaking woven car tarp and a large piece of doubled folded carpet for her Space. Her food is is exactly under the front door so we can gently open the door and lean down and place the food(s) without causing any sudden moves. 

Today, I know my best neighbor lady has fed her due to the 3 inches of snow she had to climb through, which would be directly across the lane where her hiding area 'must be'.

Even though she had very little appetite, still~ she came for over 1 hour in 0 weather temperature. She wants to be here until she can stand it no longer. I stay at the door, opening it 15-20 times.

We have private snow removal for our Village's lane streets and walkways, so she had no problem -other than the cold ice affecting her paws and her disabled leg that has been broken, at some time, before we knew of her. She has never been pampered (according to her behavior) before, but loves us as her trusting _always will be here_ protectors.

The cold is horrible and the frigid air makes her fur rise due to the winds that sifts through her little body to stay warm.

I want more than anything to cuddle her in my arms and bring her in but know she would be spooked, maybe never to trust me again.

We are building a DIY home, a tiny one with an entrance and an escape route. It's worth all of all good intentions, just to try...not knowing if she'd ever go in. 

Thank you for asking. it would break anyone's heart to witness this colder frigid blizzard -like- front moving in; to stand and watch her eye to eye.... and be this helpless. Speak about pain, This Is One that few have ever been through, emotionally. 

There are over 133 million cats and dogs in this country that are homeless, roaming the streets-/ hungry, hurt and ill. I heard that from yesterday's news.   It definitely will increase by next month. Think about another year.  

Was there not a thread topic,   'Should I be feeding a feral cat, from 2 years ago'?    Yes, I do! 

NAES

Honored Contributor

I leave water outside in a large pan, and my garage door is always "up" about five inches so any stray kitties can come in from the heat or cold for refuge.  I know some do come in, (paw prints on the car) and Kitty runs to the door to "listen".......but they are always gone by morning.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Happy Honking Freezing Friday.

the girls are not happy with the frozen stuff. I hope we keep power.

stay warm and cuddly everyone.

doxie

Honored Contributor

It finally stopped snowing here and my husband shoveled paths for our cats to walk around our property. Our son's cat who has relocated to PA. from Mexico is having a ball in his new surroundings.

Valued Contributor

Praying that everyone (human & animal) in the storm's path stays safe. Love, hugs, and prayers PCC friends.

Respected Contributor

@brbfromTX wrote:

Praying that everyone (human & animal) in the storm's path stays safe. Love, hugs, and prayers PCC friends.

brb, I want to add my prayers to your for all of our dear friends here and their pets. We had a dusting of snow and ice yesterday and today and I feel for everyone in the direct path of the storm.  To all the wonderful friends here, have a blessed Sunday and cuddle up those sweet furbabies!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!