Respected Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER FEB.8 - FEB. 14

@Desertdi - Yes, it's probably a good idea to find some place close to home, since she might not like the car ride.

Honored Contributor

>^..^<    Even tho it's Saturday the 13th............I just had my "birthday" chicken dinner!   (OK.....breakfast).     OOOO......EEEEE.......YOW......hot chicken in gravy...................!!!!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

desertDi wrote:

>^..^<    Even tho it's Saturday the 13th............I just had my "birthday" chicken dinner!   (OK.....breakfast).     OOOO......EEEEE.......YOW......hot chicken in gravy...................!!!!!!

Hot chicken and gravy???!!!! Wow!!!! We never get anything as pawsome as that!!! Just the stuff from the cans!!! Oh well...at least it's served with lots of "Mommy love"! Woman HappyHeart

Your cozinsCat Happy

Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Lyn08 wrote:

What do you look for in a vet for your cat?  When I got the kitten (that I no longer have), I took her to the vet recommended by the breeder.  My kitten was the only cat in the waiting room.  The room was crowded with lots of dogs (mostly large).  One dog had a cough, and several were barking.  I was not overly impressed with the front desk staff -- they didn't seem very friendly.  I did like the vet that we saw, however.  She was very nice and checked over the kitten quite thoroughly,

I checked on-line, and there is a cats only clinic (that also does cat grooming one day a week) not far from where I live.  I've read reviews for both places, and there are good and bad comments for each.  The one good thing about the cats only clinic, is that it is cats only.  So there won't be dogs barking.

I think that this clinic seems like it would be the best place to go. I suggest that before you get your kitty, that you go and visit the clinic to check it out in person...see what it looks like,meet the staff,aprise them of your situation, etc.

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beastielove - That's a good idea, to go visit the cat clinic to check it out.  

A friend (who lives out of state, but has cats) said to go to "Yelp.com" to check out reviews for the vet clinics.  I did this for the cat clinic, and there are mostly good to excellent reviews, but a couple poor reviews.  However, I found good and bad reviews for every vet clinic I  found on Yelp.  

I do like that the cat only clinic does vet care, boarding and grooming of kittens/cats. Also, there won't be dogs barking, coughing, etc.  However, they charge quite a bit more for a wellness check than the other vet clinic where I took the kitten.

There's another smaller vet clinic (that also sees dogs) that's close by, that had good reviews on Yelp.  I'll check that one out also.

Honored Contributor

Me and the kittehs...Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack...are wishing everyone (furbabies included!) a very Happy Valentine's Day!!!! Cat Very HappyHeart

(((((((((VALENTINE'S HUGZ)))))))))))

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

Happy Valentine's Day to all. I hope everyone feels some love from their furbabies today.

doxie

Respected Contributor

Happy Valentines Day to all of you (and your furbabies)!  I hope you had a great day today!