Respected Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER FEB.1 - FEB. 7

mustang- Enjoy that puppy breath! I will bet Chloe is a beauty.

doxie

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sammycat1 wrote:

Happy 14th Birthday, Tabitha!  I hope your excellent Mommy spoils you rotten today. 

Her excellent Mommy (thank you for the compliment) spoils her...as well as her "sisters" Samantha and Olivia, and her "brothers" Henry and Jack...rotten 24/7, 365!!!!Cat Wink

I also want to welcome you to the PCC family!!!I'm so happy that you've come to join us on this wonder-fur thread!!

For those of you who don't know who Sammycat is...she's the OP of the much beloved HeartSchmooCat Happy thread. Please check it out...you'll be so glad that you did!

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Mustangshar wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new puppy owner, thought I'd stop in and say "hello".

I have a ruby 17 week Cavalier King Charles, Chloe.🐾🐾🐶

Welcoming you and Chloe to the PCC family!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Honored Contributor

On behalf of my beloved Tabitha...I want to thank all of you very dear friends aka Cyber Sisters who wished her a Happy Birthday.Cat Very Happy

I almost lost her in November 2014 (she was very ill) but I fought like a lioness does for her cub and my girl survived.Cat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Doxie wrote:

Apple- How are you doing? Is the cast driving you nuts yet?

doxie

Hello doxie dear, thank you so much for asking. The only problem is the itching. I am hoping to get the cast of before Easter comes. We have family coming in during the holiday and I have a lot to do. How are doing? Were you affected by storm are you getting a lot of rain in your area? We are in central NJ tonight hoping it will melt the rest of the snow  here. It is warm here today almost 60 crazy weather. Be well and take care. Anna

Esteemed Contributor

@beastielove wrote:

On behalf of my beloved Tabitha...I want to thank all of you very dear friends aka Cyber Sisters who wished her a Happy Birthday.Cat Very Happy

I almost lost her in November 2014 (she was very ill) but I fought like a lioness does for her cub and my girl survived.Cat Very Happy

Thank goodness .. Libby says "awersome" name for a kitty. Sending cyber kisses and tummy rubs to her.

Respected Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

@Mustang Shar Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are my 2nd favorite dog!!!  (We have a Golden Retriever.)  I'm thinking when our precious Jessie passes (years from now), we'll be too old to care for a Golden.  So I've been looking at the Cavaliers.  How's the temperment?  How did housebreaking go?

@spent2much

Hi 😊

I carefully researched what type of dog would be good for my condo. Cavaliers are gentle, sweet, loving lap dogs. But she is a mischievous puppy, of course. 

Chloe is wonderful, but she doesn't like her leash and I'm working on getting her outside without her getting frantic. So housebreaking isn't best at this point but at least she IS taking some steps outside now

This breed has genetic disorders such as mitral valve . 

Research and go to AKC to look for Breeder Of Merit, it's amazing seeing her beautiful face everyday. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@doxie1

ugh why do these upload sideways using iPhone 

image.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Doxie wrote:

Sammycat- Maybe you need to make a road trip? hahahhaahha  I am the enabler.

doxie

Now, Doxie, you know me well.  I was researching air fares for a visit when I learned they wanted her to be adopted locally.  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Lyn08 wrote:

@beastielove - Happy birthday to Tabitha.  Oh, my goodness -- you rescued her from a paper bag.  How can anyone be so cruel to an animal.

I mentioned in the previous thread (not sure anyone read it, as I wrote it yesterday), that I visited a PetSmart store yesterday, that usually has a few rescued cats.  There was a 6-year-old part Persian cat that had a really hard life.  She was so pretty, with golden eyes and orange/golden hair.  

However, when she was a kitten, her first owner abused her and broke her jaw.  She was never brought to a vet, and the jaw healed on its own; however, one of her teeth sticks out.  Then she was brought to a woman who rescued cats; however, she was a hoarder, and she had 18 cats in cages in her home.  She died, then her son took the cats; but he lived in a 2 room apartment, and he couldn't keep them.  He finally brought all the cats to a legitimate rescue group.  

I spoke with the woman who took in the cats, and who is trying to get all of them placed in good homes.  I cried when I heard what the poor cat has gone through.  She has spent her 6 years being abused or kept in a cage.  

Unfortunately, as much as I felt sorry for her, I don't think she's the right cat for me -- I've never had a cat before (except for the kitten that didn't work for me, and I only had for a couple days).  The cat is extremely shy and nervous around people.  However, I was able to put my arm in her cage and pet her.  She didn't purr, and she didn't really respond to me.  She needs a loving home, where someone who has worked with abused cats can take care of her

Oh my dear.. I could read your concern for this poor kitty. My hope is that she will be placed in a home where people will love her  and care for her and work with her to gain her trust. She has indeed been though a lot. I wish this situation was closer to me. I have rescued  [My hubs and I ] many , many cats and dogs though the years. We have five rescue dogs now snowflake [pictured to the left hand side]  I hope that the rescue  group explains to whoever wants to adopt her that she has been though a lot. Best wishes and let us know what happens to the kitty if you can.