Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER FEB.1 - FEB. 7

[ Edited ]

@Lyn08 wrote:

@Sammycat1 - Minnesota.  She was just brought in to the pet store on Saturday, and I didn't see her listed anywhere on-line.  

@Lyn08 - Darn.  We're in south central Pennsylvania.  I'm guessing they were hoping she'd be adopted locally. 

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 - You seem like a loving pet mommy, and I know you could provide Smooshy with a good home.  They do want her to be adopted locally.  I just don't think she would be the right cat for me, as she will need special care.  She's been traumatized all of her life (first the abuse and then confined to cages).

I think I may be getting a different cat.  I've been doing a lot of checking, and I found a 5-year-old Chocolate Persian female cat, with golden eyes.  She had a litter of kittens two weeks ago by C-section, and then she was spayed.  She won't be available for 6 weeks, until the kittens are weaned.  She is very sweet and loving, and I think she'll be the perfect companion pet for me.   I don't want to give up on a cat, even though the kitten didn't work for me.  I need a more docile cat, and not an overly-energetic kitten (I should have known better!).

Esteemed Contributor

@Lyn08 wrote:

@Sammycat1 - You seem like a loving pet mommy, and I know you could provide Smooshy with a good home.  They do want her to be adopted locally.  I just don't think she would be the right cat for me, as she will need special care.  She's been traumatized all of her life (first the abuse and then confined to cages).

I think I may be getting a different cat.  I've been doing a lot of checking, and I found a 5-year-old Chocolate Persian female cat, with golden eyes.  She had a litter of kittens two weeks ago by C-section, and then she was spayed.  She won't be available for 6 weeks, until the kittens are weaned.  She is very sweet and loving, and I think she'll be the perfect companion pet for me.   I don't want to give up on a cat, even though the kitten didn't work for me.  I need a more docile cat, and not an overly-energetic kitten (I should have known better!).

Bless you for thinking of an adult cat -- so often they are overlooked! 

DH and I have adopted and cared for abused cats before with success.  I thought of your Smooshy cat immediately because our Schmoo had had his jaw hit/broken by a prior owner too, and Sophie had been beat up, too.  All they need is patience and love.  I wish we lived closer!

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday Tabitha. I hope you get some tasty treats!

doxie

Respected Contributor

Apple- How are you doing? Is the cast driving you nuts yet?

doxie

Respected Contributor

Happy Groundhog Day

yiippeee for early spring

but I think I want some more snow first.

doxie

Respected Contributor

Sammycat- Maybe you need to make a road trip? hahahhaahha  I am the enabler.

doxie

Respected Contributor

More healing thougths coming your way brb, I am still hoping for a good report.

doxie

Respected Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new puppy owner, thought I'd stop in and say "hello".

I have a ruby 17 week Cavalier King Charles, Chloe.🐾🐾🐶

Respected Contributor

@Mustang Shar Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are my 2nd favorite dog!!!  (We have a Golden Retriever.)  I'm thinking when our precious Jessie passes (years from now), we'll be too old to care for a Golden.  So I've been looking at the Cavaliers.  How's the temperment?  How did housebreaking go?

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!