Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER AUGUST 3 - AUGUST 9

Greetings to PCC friends!  Been busy freezing corn from the garden and baking zucchini bread and putting that in the freezer as well.  Casey of course still helps with anything pertaining to the kitchen and he is the oldest of the CRG. 

Had a wonderful visit over the weekend with my childhood friend who came here from "Chocolate World".  Last summer I visited her and we went to the Chocolate Spa and had a day of R & R together.  What a treat!

Blessings to all for the rest of the week!  Enjoy!

"Everyone understands a smile."

Respected Contributor

Happy Honking Friday Honkers

doxie

Honored Contributor

@Corner Road Gang wrote:

Greetings to PCC friends!  Been busy freezing corn from the garden and baking zucchini bread and putting that in the freezer as well.  Casey of course still helps with anything pertaining to the kitchen and he is the oldest of the CRG. 

Had a wonderful visit over the weekend with my childhood friend who came here from "Chocolate World".  Last summer I visited her and we went to the Chocolate Spa and had a day of R & R together.  What a treat!

Blessings to all for the rest of the week!  Enjoy!

"Everyone understands a smile."

CRG

When I read about your baking zucchini bread it brought back some very fond  and wonderful memories of me and my mother baking bread from scratch...whole wheat,honey wheat and of course zucchini bread too. The house would smell so amazing for days! Sadly I lost her quite unexpectedly 21 years ago.

Where on Earth is Chocolate World and the Chocolate  Spa? I'm quite intreagued!

------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Friday Evening Greetings

Wishing all of my PCC "Cyber Sisters" a very pleasant,peaceful and absolutley fabulous week-end!!!!  :-)

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday dear PCC friends and furbabies!  Wishing you all God's blesings for the weekend!Heart

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor

Honk! TGIF! just wanted to wave hello, work has been very busy this week. Even if I don't stop in, think of you all often and keep you in my prayers.

Contributor

Beastielove~

I referred to "Chocolate World" is, of course, Hershey, PA and the spa is located in the Hershey Hotel : )

And, yes, I agree, the house does smell wonderful when you bake zucchinni bread!

Contributor

Very sad news in the CRG household : (   I had to set free my dear, precious Casey yesterday morning.  We had 15 wonderful, blessed years together. He would get chronic diarrhea with his lymphoma that he has had for 4+ years.  I couldn't get him turned around the past 2 weeks on this bout with special "things" I do when he gets plagued with it from time to time.  He wasn't able to pull any nutrition from food any more and declined in his weight.  Thursday night I was up all night with him in/outside countless times and he cried and he never has cried before.  He told me it was time.  I called the vet first thing yesterday morning.  The vet still calls him the miracle dog.  They have never see anthing like him.  He is an inspiration to me.  We call him Mr. Something, also Cowboy since he walks like one : )

Grieving is such a tough thing to do.  I find it no easier to go through this process with a furry friend, than a person.  I feel they are equal feelings for me, because grief is grief.

June 4th we just sent Cody, our golden, to peace, so this a bit much to process for Casey to go so soon after him...

So, now the healing begins...

When I get that zucchini bread out of the freezer this winter, I will remember that Casey was here to share in baking every loaf...  gee, I don't know how I will be able to get along in the kitchen without my little helper : (  He was with me all the time in there...

Casey 7-30-13.jpg

Super Contributor

Dear Corner Road family

Image result for photo of rainbow bridge

May your heart ache only for a short time ... saying "goodbye" is never easy no matter the age of a pet.   No words can help, but may many wonderful memories comfort you.   Casey is now at peace, and playing with Cody once again!   Thanks for sharing that beautiful photo of him with us .... what a beauty!
Respected Contributor

@Corner Road Gang wrote:

Very sad news in the CRG household : (   I had to set free my dear, precious Casey yesterday morning.  We had 15 wonderful, blessed years together. He would get chronic diarrhea with his lymphoma that he has had for 4+ years.  I couldn't get him turned around the past 2 weeks on this bout with special "things" I do when he gets plagued with it from time to time.  He wasn't able to pull any nutrition from food any more and declined in his weight.  Thursday night I was up all night with him in/outside countless times and he cried and he never has cried before.  He told me it was time.  I called the vet first thing yesterday morning.  The vet still calls him the miracle dog.  They have never see anthing like him.  He is an inspiration to me.  We call him Mr. Something, also Cowboy since he walks like one : )

Grieving is such a tough thing to do.  I find it no easier to go through this process with a furry friend, than a person.  I feel they are equal feelings for me, because grief is grief.

June 4th we just sent Cody, our golden, to peace, so this a bit much to process for Casey to go so soon after him...

So, now the healing begins...

When I get that zucchini bread out of the freezer this winter, I will remember that Casey was here to share in baking every loaf...  gee, I don't know how I will be able to get along in the kitchen without my little helper : (  He was with me all the time in there...

Casey 7-30-13.jpg

CRG, I am sorry for your loss!  May God bless you and your family during this difficult time!  Hugs, prayers and love!HeartPanda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!