Honored Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER AUG.20 - AUG.26

Image may contain: dog and text
“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

FF48E0ED-9872-4D10-82F0-14A1AA6E7C71.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Today is a gift. Simply open it!

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Esteemed Contributor

@beastielove wrote:

@apple1964

I just read what you posted this

morning only it was on last week's

thread. I was in the process of

writing this thread when you did so.

I can't believe that Libby is going

to be 17 in October! I remember

everything that your family went through

all those years ago and am so elated

that your beautiful Libby proved the

doctors wrong! She is living proof that

miracles still DO happen! Heart

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Thank you, Beastie I tried so hard to keep both my girls little but, as soon as you turn away and turn back the years just fly. We are very blessed with both our children. Have a great day everyone, Anna

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

@MoJoV

@MoJoV wrote:

We had quite an adventure with Angie (our rescue Dachshund mix) last week.  After eating her breakfast,she was very restless and moving around. Then she started stretching and then lying on her back moaning.  Called our vet,this was a Sunday. No one working that day... answer company recommended emergency vet. I was thinking bloat,getting scared. She puked. We rushed off to the Em.Vet. well 3 hours later and $765! later she was fine. They xrayed,bloodworked she's fine.  What a rip off. What really has me po.ed is the fact that my vet doesnt have someone working Sunday. They are a business aren't they?  The practice has about 6 Drs. on staff.  How about rotating? This was late morning mind you..not 2AM.

Just a vent about the way vets run their BUSINESS. Main thing is my girl Ang is fine.

Oh My. That had to be so scary. I am so glad she is OK and hope your wallet will mend. Around here a big time vet would have maybe 2 vets! I can not imagine one with 6. I have had to do the emergence route to speciality places enough that they now give me some breaks. One of our emergency places has a huge staff and they do so much it is like a people hospital. I had to have surgery on Liebchens back and that hit the wallet hard.

I am so sorry you went through this.

doxie

Respected Contributor

@Puddles

Love the don't let anyone steal your shine!

doxie

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123

The top looks like my dogs for sure. The DML on the other hand just glares at you as if saying, "what are you going to do about it?"

doxie

Respected Contributor

@apple1964

It can not be that Libby is 17. You have had to make a clerical mistake. I so remember those nights of posting and praying for her and then she had another bout and we did it again.

I apologize to Libby but I think I have frozen her as a 9 to 10 year old. 

Time is marching on!

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

@doxie1 wrote:

@apple1964

It can not be that Libby is 17. You have had to make a clerical mistake. I so remember those nights of posting and praying for her and then she had another bout and we did it again.

I apologize to Libby but I think I have frozen her as a 9 to 10 year old. 

Time is marching on!

doxie

I know I tried so hard to keep her little....LOL The years go by so fast. I hope you are feeling better doxie just know you are in our prayers.