Honored Contributor

THE PET CHAT CORNER AUG. 17 - AUG. 23

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets,it might not. Welcome one and all! Newcomers...introduce yourself,make a drink,pull up a chair and join us. We're a little nuts,but nice nuts!

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Frequent Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER AUG. 17 - AUG. 23

Good morning! I have three fur babies - pups. 

Need a prayer for my little rescue- she is our greatest joy- she rescued us- she has been terribly congested but just on one side- she is going for CT scan this mornin- we are praying it is a tooth- but doctors leaning towards something more serious ( tumor or cancer in sinus😳) - she is an older girl- just say a prayer please!

Honored Contributor

Monday Morning Greetings

Wishing all of my PCC Cyber Sisters a beautiful day and that it marks the begiining of a week that brings you much happiness,good health and lots of pawsome stuff! :-)

This past Saturday our county's animal shelter took part in NBC 4 New York's/Telemundo's  huge "Clear The Shelter's" Adoption Event and I helped out.

The 90+ degree temps were tough to deal with but it was well worth it. 25 precious animals (12 dogs,10 cats, 2 kittens and 1 bunny rabbit) were adopted/rescued and many more are adoptions are pending!  :-)

The shelter is at the end os a long tree lined driveway  and as each person or family made their way from the building to their cars with their new furbabies, we all cheered them on. At times I was brought to tears because I was so happy that these sweet babies were finally out of the shelter and going to theri forever homes.

Along the driveway we had booths set up with pet friendly vendors, a bake sale,a face painter for the kids,  and raffle tickets for great prizes (I helped to sell those).

There was also a dunk tank set up...shelter staff were the "dunkees"...and there were several times that I stood next to it so that I could be splashed with the water that spilled over when someone got dunked...just to cool off.  At one point I was ready to jump in!

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning Beastie and ALL PCC friends!!! It's a hot one in south Texas but a beautiful day none the less!!! Dixie & Blondie are out of sorts because of the school schedule their routine is out of whack and so is mine! District meetings in the morning and physical therapy in the afternoon!! Love, hugs, and prayers for all to be blessed today!!! Smiley Happybrb

(((((((mfrctaz))))))prayers lifted up for you & your precious one

Esteemed Contributor

Just stopping by to say hello... keep cool it is going to be a very hot week for most of us. Sending prayers for all the fur children who are ill .. lost... hurt ... and neglected. God bless them all.  Have a good week everyone and stay cool!Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

@mfrctaz wrote:

Good morning! I have three fur babies - pups. 

Need a prayer for my little rescue- she is our greatest joy- she rescued us- she has been terribly congested but just on one side- she is going for CT scan this mornin- we are praying it is a tooth- but doctors leaning towards something more serious ( tumor or cancer in sinus😳) - she is an older girl- just say a prayer please!

mfrctaz, I'm so sorry to hear that your fur baby is not feeling well. I am prayig for a good outcome for your precious baby. I have one fur baby and love him to pieces. Please update on the diagnosis.    Spike's Mom

Contributor

For sure it is a HOT Monday out there!  Find a cool spot!

beastie your event on Saturday sounds awesome! Glad to hear there were so many successful adoptions and some pending ones!

mfrctaz, I have your baby on my prayer list and you as well since I know it is such a worry for you : (

brb, I know what you mean for your furbabies having a change in their schedule.  That is how mine get when I "go back to school" each year.  Odd how I don't say back to work.  LOL

Each year we have a theme for the year. Last year it was Connect, past years Forward, Growth, Personal Best for examples.  This year's theme is Shine in honor of a teacher who has been battling cancer for 3.5 years.  We always have T-shirts relating to our theme.  Her quote she lives by, "don't let anything or anyone dull your sparkle."  will be on the back of the T- shirt, and of course a sun on the front with people leaping for joy!  She is an amazing and very inspirational lady!  She is one of our wellness teachers.  On the 24th the entire staff will the sporting this shirt on the first day of school.

"Everyone understands a smile."

Sun 3.jpg

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday to my PCC friends and furbabies,

Beastie, CRG, brb, Doxie, Apple, Sheltie, skylark, Luvmyspaniels, you all mean so much to me!  Hug those furbabies for me!

Nice to meet new friends this week.  Welcome to a wonderful group!

Have a blessed week, everyone!

Hugs, prayers and love!Heart

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor

Lifting up Panda, Beastielove, CRG, Luvmyspaniels, Doxie, Sheltie, Skylark, Apple, Spend2Much, Maestra, mfrctaz, and Spikeysmom and all others!  I pray that you and your furbabies each receive a special blessingCat HappyHeart

It has been a LONG day at MDAnderson; more pre-surgery appointments the rest of the week.  I am so thankful for my PCC cyber friends you are all so loving and caring.  Good night sending prayers, love, and lots of cyber hugs to all ((((((((((((PCC friends)))))))))))

Super Contributor

Welcome new friends:  mfrctaz  and Spikey~~

mfrctaz & goldenlocks: Prayers ongoing for your precious pups ~~ please keep us updated when possible.  We’ve all been on that roller coaster ride awaiting test results for our fur-babies.   They are our “children” and we worry just the same. 

May His grace be upon all PCC friends ~~Apple & Libby, Beastie, BRB, CRG, Dox, Panda, Sharke, Sheltie, and Skylar and all who join us here occasionally ~~ for improving health, teacher sanity, summer doldrums .... and those still grieving the loss of a pet ~~ keep smiling knowing you gave them insurmountable joy!   And thanks Beastie for starting us off every week, and I’m thrilled to read pet adoptions were so plentiful over the weekend.