Honored Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER AUG. 12 - AUG. 18

Image result for happy weekend cat images

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Respected Contributor

Puddles wrote:   @Puddles 

Image may contain: cat, meme and text

Puddles, @Puddles 

When I see yellow tabby kittens, I smile and remember .....

One day in 2014, I found a 6-wk-old kitten who looked exactly like this under my tool shed .... a male I named "Moses."   He became the love of my life and meshed well with my two dogs and one Himalayan.    I tried to keep him indoors, but he would scratch and claw to get out everyday ... my door frames are still marred by deep claw marks as a reminder of how much he meant to me.   He went over the Bridge one day when I 'found him' (tragically passed).  I never got over it, but he was an outdoor cat 'at heart' and I gave him his freedom which was my unforgettable mistake.

I am sending hugs to all of my PCC sisters who also suffer from 'missing' their felines who have given them so much love.

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze  Sorry for the loss of your sweet tabby, Moses. Thank

you for sharing the story. Sending you some love today.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Puddles wrote:   @Puddles 

Image may contain: cat, meme and text

Puddles, @Puddles 

When I see yellow tabby kittens, I smile and remember .....

One day in 2014, I found a 6-wk-old kitten who looked exactly like this under my tool shed .... a male I named "Moses."   He became the love of my life and meshed well with my two dogs and one Himalayan.    I tried to keep him indoors, but he would scratch and claw to get out everyday ... my door frames are still marred by deep claw marks as a reminder of how much he meant to me.   He went over the Bridge one day when I 'found him' (tragically passed).  I never got over it, but he was an outdoor cat 'at heart' and I gave him his freedom which was my unforgettable mistake.

I am sending hugs to all of my PCC sisters who also suffer from 'missing' their felines who have given them so much love.

@seaBreeze 

Please try to find comfort in

knowing that Moses always knew in

his kitty heart how much you loved him

and that he's now running with all of

his friends (including my kitties Tabitha,

Sophie,Maggie,Peter,Tigger,Tom and

Forrest) thru the sunlit meadows

of that most blessed place on the

other side of the Bridge.

(((((SEA BREEZE & HER MOSES)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

@seaBreeze   I’m sorry about your cat that liked being outside. Some are happiest outside. 

When I was growing up I always had cats. We lived next to an alley and main road. They were always getting hit. Papa said they were loose to keep mice away. 

My white cat with black spots named Jr. was hit and the Vet had an office across the street. I recall taking him in and he wired his jaw together. It clicked when he ate. 

My white Persian Mittens was hit and others disappeared. 

I decided when I was older never to let one loose. My Siamese, Caesar walked on a leash and was a watch cat. 

I miss them all, but can’t have one with the Jack Russels.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy weekend cat images

Respected Contributor

Happy Weekend everyone. 

I hope everyone is able to enjoy something this weekend.

doxie

Honored Contributor

@doxie1 wrote:

Happy Weekend everyone. 

I hope everyone is able to enjoy something this weekend.

doxie

@doxie1 

Hoping that all is well with you

and wishing you a peaceful and

pleasant remainder of the week-end.

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

I usually post in other forums, but decided to post here since my husband and I adopted a shelter cat a about a week ago.

Simone (I kept her shelter name) is 14  months old, orange striped tabby, weighs about 6 pounds. The shelter had her spayed, microchipped and vaccinations up to date. She had a problem with ticks and lost some fur because of excessive grooming, but that's been taken care of and her fur is now growing back. Simone is settling in just fine and is very sweet. She likes attention and is  a lap cat. 

I have had cats all my life and missed not having one around. It somehow makes things more complete with a cat around.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I usually post in other forums, but decided to post here since my husband and I adopted a shelter cat a about a week ago.

Simone (I kept her shelter name) is 14  months old, orange striped tabby, weighs about 6 pounds. The shelter had her spayed, microchipped and vaccinations up to date. She had a problem with ticks and lost some fur because of excessive grooming, but that's been taken care of and her fur is now growing back. Simone is settling in just fine and is very sweet. She likes attention and is  a lap cat. 

I have had cats all my life and missed not having one around. It somehow makes things more complete with a cat around.

@teganslaw 

Welcome to the PCC! I do hope

that you'll become a "regular"!

Please note that I start a new thread

every Monday so I'll look forward to

"seeing" you again next week!

Bless you and your DH for rescuing

Simone from the shelter and for giving

her a forever home.

Rescues are the best! I currently

have four kitties...Samantha,Olivia,

Henry and Jack.The boys are from the