Respected Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER APR. 20 -APR. 26

I am still working on getting things fixed after the tornado. It was an awful nite . I am grateful that I did not have more damage and that we are all alive.

The storm changed direction in minutes and was heading for us. The alarms went off to seek cover immediately. There was something different in the voice of the announcer that let me know it was coming. I had minutes to hunker down.

I got in the closet with the dogs and the DML. I got a text from my brother that I had better not be outside letting the possum in. The wind was whipping through the trees. The trees were moaning an errie sound. there was a "kapow" sound and there went the power. We are in total darkness hearing the wind rip  through the trees. There were many snapping and cracking sounds as trees cracked under the pressure.

The dogs were happy in our small NON walk in closet. The DML was NOT happy but did not want to leave. I was fearful of what I would find.

It was still dark when the storm ended so I could not see the damage. We all came out of the closet and crept toward a chair to sit in for the remainder of the night.

When the dawn came I got a text from a neighbor to stay in the house, We had some massive trees down. Some were blocking the road. We were able to get a crew to come clear the road so people could move about.

The rest of the trees will wait.

Some of the neighboring areas got hit a lot harder.

As I thought about it I realized that it took my mind off the coronavirus. I also thought how the dogs were just happy in the moment and glad to be with me and the cat. Maybe I need to be more like that. I would need a hip replacement if I could wag my tail like the dogs!

Each day you need to hug your [pet and family and share your love!

doxie

Honored Contributor

@doxie1   I heard about that weather, but had no idea if any of us lived there. I have family in that area, but it did not affect them. I'm glad you and yours are o.k. and the damage wasn't as bad it could have been. What I've seen reported was horrifying. Take care.Heart

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Respected Contributor

@doxie1 

What an ordeal with yesterday's storms. 

Glad everyone is safe at your house!

Oh my goodness!!! If it weren't for my babies I know things could ...

Honored Contributor

@doxie1 

Elated and grateful that you and

your precious babies survived that

devasting tornado and are safe

and sound.Hoping that there was

minimal damage to your home and

that the possum survived.

Sending all of you tons of love filled hugs.

(((((HeartHeartHeart))))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

@Puddles 

Thanks puddles. I am very grateful that it was not worse. Some people lost their houses.

doxie

Respected Contributor

@seaBreeze 

Thanks seabreeze. That cartoon is close to it if you add another dog and a grumpy cat!

doxie

Respected Contributor

@beastielove 

Thank you for the warm thoughts. The possum returned to her home the next day so all is well. It is wild how animals seem to sense things and find shelter.

doxie

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor