Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1

Your insightful words just made me cry.  I can tell that you have also had some special relationships.  Thank you very much for your thoughts.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1

You are so correct that grief has it’s own timetable, I know it will never end totally, but now it is fierce.

We both knew we were ment to be together. I am happy that you too have known that special bond.  Thank you for your thoughts.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl

I really like to think of Spike being with friends, I want him to be happy and at peace.  I appreciate your taking time for Spike and me.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

Spike and I really were blessed, we both knew it and were so grateful.

Your comment about his name gave me a giggle.  I was going to name him Aloysius but I thought that + his looks might be a bit much for our circus like family.  Besides, he had a stubborn streak, not mean, but when he made up his mind, he would get a bit of a pugnacious expression, so it fit.

You are correct, I never found that his trust for me had any limits. When I took him to the vets for checkups and stood with my hand on him he would purr, our wonderful Vet would ask me to step away from the table so Spike would stop purring and he could listen to his heartbeat.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@meallen616

Thank you for your thoughts for Spike,  you are so right, he will never leave my heart.

Honored Contributor

@candys mine

You are so right, Spike had a mind of his own, funny, stubborn, and kind.  If he wanted in my lap, he would walk over anyone else who happened to be there.  He did fight a good fight, he did not want to leave.

Thank you for your kind huds and for the visual image of Spike enjoying delecious new scents.

Honored Contributor

@beastielove

Thank you for your kind words of comfort, I am looking so longingly for the time we will be reunited.  He certainly did know that he was much loved, and he was SO appreciative.

I thank you for lighting a candle for Spike. I believe from your screen name that you must be an animal lover too.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak

Thank you for the hugs and good wishes.  It is a blow to lose one’s very best friend.  Spike was beautiful, inside and out.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme

You are correct, Spike fought a good fight, but in the end he was very frail and exhausted.  I knew this was not the life he wanted. I'm so very lonely for him, and am hanging on to the thoughts of him being in a better place.  In the end I told him to be safe and happy and not to worry about his Mommers.

Honored Contributor

@Lapdog

I too believe that Spike and I were ment to be together, and appreciate your reassurance.   Spike brought Light and Love into our home.  We had a long time together, but selfishly I wish for even one more day.  Thank you for your thoughts.