Honored Contributor

Re: Sweet Sympathy Card For Frankie

@noodleann   The urn is from Bill Campbell.  That was a good observation.  You are also correct that it's been two weeks since Frankie died.  It will be two weeks tomorrow actually.  She died on April 28th.  

I will get Frankie's ashes back on Thursday.  The Vet at the Vet School told me that the crematory would call me to get my credit card information.  When they hadn't called, I called the Vet School on Friday to find out what was going on.  I spoke with someone in Necropsy, and they said that I was supposed to have called the crematory to pick her up.  They said the front desk should have told me that.  

Since I didn't ever go in the Vet School, the front desk didn't check me out.  I think the Vet just didn't really know and told me what she thought would happen.  I called the crematory on Friday, and they said they would pick her up today and bring her to my regular Vet on Thursday.  I'll be so glad to get her back.  I so wish I had called the Vet School sooner to check on this.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack 

The urn is beautiful! Perfect for your beautiful Frankie.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack 

Sorry I didn't see your question...we've been in an emergency situation with our Frankie since last night. The Etsy artist is watercolorqueen.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@NickNack 

Sorry I didn't see your question...we've been in an emergency situation with our Frankie since last night. The Etsy artist is watercolorqueen.

@Sammycat1   Thank you for letting me know the name of the Etsy artist.  I'm so sorry to hear you're in an emergency situation with Frankie.  I'll go to the Schmoo thread and see if you've had a chance to post about it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack 

Checking in to see how you're doing. My mind is spinning about my Frankie and her stomatitis situation, but I have not forgotten about your Frankie and how you're feeling.

Has she come home yet?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1   Thank you for asking about me.  I've started reading the Schmoo thread every day and am always thinking about you, your husband and dear Frankie.

I picked up Frankie's ashes this morning and have put them in her urn and sealed the lid.  I now feel that I have some closure.  She's back home.

Edited to take out my story about everything that went wrong with Frankie's ashes.  You've got way too much on your mind and you don't need to read that.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack 

I'm glad your Frankie's back--and I'm sorry you had so many problems with her ashes. That's the last thing you need when you're mourning your baby.

it's nice to have you reading the Schmoo thread I started it in 2010 at the beginning of Schmoo's heart failure journey...a place that drew the wonderful people I've come to know dearly come and go and come back again....always a group of kindred spirits. Some of these posters, like beastielove, followed Schmoo since 2008 when he battled dental problems and pancreatitis.

They're fabulous people. We've cried, laughed and stuck together all these years.

i hope you're taking gentle care of yourself and Henry.

Respected Contributor

Hi @NickNack 

I'm checking on both you & Sweet Henry to see how you're both doing these days.  I hope time has brought you peace & comfort after your long battle you fought for your Sweet Frankie.

I see you finally have your precious Angel home with you now.  You're a family again with her presence there.  Heart

Peace & hugs to you both ..

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

Hi @NickNack 

I'm checking on both you & Sweet Henry to see how you're both doing these days.  I hope time has brought you peace & comfort after your long battle you fought for your Sweet Frankie.

I see you finally have your precious Angel home with you now.  You're a family again with her presence there.  Heart

Peace & hugs to you both ..

Thank you @sceniccoast .  I appreciate your thinking of me.  Henry is a big comfort to me, and I'm SO glad to have Frankie back home with me.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1   I don't know why I've never read the Schmoo thread.  I think the number of posts always intimidated me.  I finally figured out that I fould just check "mark thread as read".  Now it takes me to where I left off reading.

I hope things are okay with Frankie.  I'll go check and see if you've posted now.

-Henry David Thoreau