Esteemed Contributor

I'm a bit down tonight and really just need to talk through my feelings. I don't comment here very often, but I do read your posts. DH and I took our sweet Susie cat to the emergency clinic last evening, and after a number of tests and talking with the veterinarian several times last night and again this morning, we made the decision to let her go. There were just too many things going against her to treat any longer.

This has been a difficult couple of days, and I really just needed to talk out loud. I was with her when the end came for her and was thankful that it was so quick and peaceful for her.

I know you all understand my feelings tonight.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sweet Susie cat has passed

@jannabelle1 Oh I'm so so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby. Been there and done that. You did the kind and loving thing and now she is well and happy in heaven. She always felt your love and will be in your heart forever. Come and talk about this as much as you want.

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 

I am very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Susie! I know she brought you much love and joy over the years. Nothing anyone can say will help you right now, but it needs to be said anyway. May the memories of your Sweet Susie put a smile on your face everytime you think of her. My prayers are with you.

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1  So sorry to hear about your Sweet Susie 🥀

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry that Susie is gone. I understand a bit of your sadness because I am struggling to maintain quality of life for my own kitty. Our fur children really bring such joy. To lose them is exceptionally painful.  Your decision was the greatest gift you could give her if her time had come. She died peacefully with her best purr-son with her.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, @jannabelle1 ,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your precious Susie cat today. Please rest assured that you loved her so dearly and she returned the love in kind. The two of you had an indelible bond. You took such loving care of her and was by her side when she went to the Rainbow Bridge. This is unconditional love, and, again I am so sorry for your loss. Please come to the forum as you wish to discuss your dear, sweet Susie cat with us.

dee

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

You showed great courage and great love for your dear Susie, but knowing that doesn't make the hurt ache any less. We're glad you came here to tell us how you're feeling. It's tremendously sad when we lose a beloved pet; they're members of our family.

You obviously cherish her (and yes, I say 'cherish' in the present tense because you always will).  Hearts that hurt the worst love the fiercest.

Please take care of yourself and allow yourself to grieve. Please feel you can post more than once...there are many kind and compassionate pet lovers here who understand.

Susie sounds like a wonderful kitty. If you're up to it, tell us a little about what made her special.

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Susie.❤️

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 - I'm so sorry. It's hard because they can't tell us how much they are hurting. I've been through this too, and I will tell you what I tell others. You were with your Susie cat at the end. Your face was the last face she saw, your voice was the last she heard, and your touch was the last she felt. She knew she was loved, and what more do we want for our beloved four-legged children? I believe someday you will be reunited at the Rainbow Bridge! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am so sorry for your pain......but your Sweet Susie will ALWAYS remain in your heart.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥