Respected Contributor

Suggestions For Dry Hair ~ (For Dog)

Hi ~ Does anyone have any suggestions for a Dog Spray or Lotion to use on Legend when he gets brushed?  Beng a Keeshond, there is tons of hair to brush most every day.  He does love being brushed thank goodness, but he has the Cottony Hair, unlike the more silky coat that Phoenix had.  I'm using a moisturizing dog spray which helps, but is not great.  

I can't find any Pomaide (sp?) like I used for years.  Bo Derek's Bless The Beasts products.  The Pomaide was like VO5 for Dogs. 

Any Suggestions?  Thanks Much.  Mistic

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

Re: Suggestions For Dry Hair ~ (For Dog)

Call you vet tech, they are very helpful with questions. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will name a few things, coconut oil ,tiny bit  rub hands together then ,run hands through hair ,real aloe vera gel,or spray, warren london hydrating butter.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Mistic   Coconut oil is excellent for your dog's hair, skin, etc.  Do a google on it to read more about it.

kindness is strength
Occasional Visitor

Had the same problem...purchased Salmon Oil at Petsmart (GNC product) and it worked miracles!  Add Salmon oil  to dog's food... proper dose is dependant on dog's weight...instructions on bottle.They love it, has a fishy smell. One word of caution, buy the real deal...cheap brands contain a tiny amount and won't solve the problem.

Good Luck  >^..^<

Honored Contributor

Doesn't WEN have a pet product?

Respected Contributor

Thank you all.  Will check these out. Smiley Happy

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mistic ,  put WEN Pets into the QVC search bar.

Over the years, many WEN users have posted photos of their pets in the WEN forum after their WEN treatment.

Replenishing Treatment Mist helps moisturize, smooth & detangle hair/fur. I'd recommended starting there.

Chaz now has a finishing creme that might suite your pet. A texture balm and a holding paste is available, if hair is long enough to need it.

All of WEN products, both people and pets, are recognised by Leaping Bunny.

Chaz's customer service staff will be available Monday if you'd like to call them about the issue.

Or email customerservice@chazdean.com

Respected Contributor

It starts from within.  Feed quality food and as often as possible salmon.  It’s great for their skin and coat and overall good health. I give my Westie salmon (with the skin) twice a week and he loves it.  My groomer had me start this when he was a puppy nine years ago.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that you fix it from the inside out.  I also use coconut oil.  You need to careful not to give too much because dogs love it aso much they will just keep eating it and too much can cause diarrhea.   Hair really needs to grow out healthy rather than rub something on it and have it be cured.  Good nutrition is very important, also.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.