Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@geezerette Thanks for your help and that is what I wanted to do but the cat is on a property that is monitored by someone because as soon as someone leaves something there or tags the building it is all removed.

Well, that is indeed a problem.  Especially if the property is being monitored.

Is there a place off this property that you could place a small shelter?  Where do you feed this cat?

Honored Contributor

@geezerette@It is an abandoned restaurant and I feed the cat on the front porch because it is sheltered.There is a doctors office next door and a gas station on the other side.This is on a busy road so I don't want to get the cat crossing the street.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Kookielady I know this sounds crazy but I feel like I would betray the cat if I trapped him.He has been abandoned and has reached out to me for help but he doesn't trust enough to come home with me so I feel that I should respect his wishes.

If that cat is not spayed or neutered, you are perpetuating the feral cat problem and not helping the cat. I know that's not your intent, but that is the result if the cat is not fixed. If you trap the cat and bring it to a shelter or a vet, they can make sure it's spayed or neutered at the very least. If you can't do that yourself, check your area for a local cat rescue and see if someone else can do it.

Honored Contributor

@dex , So, could you place a small box near the area where you feed him?

Honored Contributor

I could try but like I said they keep the place free of clutter regularly.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I could try but like I said they keep the place free of clutter regularly.

Sorry.  When you said "front porch" I thought you meant your front porch.