Honored Contributor

Any surprises here for the cat owners?

Respected Contributor

Re: Strange Facts About Cats

Some breeds have a single coat (e.g., korats) rather than a double coat of fur.

Respected Contributor

Lots of interesting facts, many of which I knew.  I've been a cat Mom for 40 years.  My oldest lived to be 19.  They are awesome creatures and I can't imagine life without them.  I have a cat (8 years old) and dog (12 years old).   Cat Happy

Super Contributor

@lolakimono , The last fact was new to me. I’ve often wondered why my Sophie has trouble finding treats on the floor. Good to know ! She also manages to get them before the dog does though.

Respected Contributor

as my 12 year olf nephew Matthew would say "Aren't Cats The Best?!"

My nephew is pretty darn cool himself - so much so, that I named a feral cat (I've been gingerly taking care of for the last 5 years) after him!

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @lolakimono . I knew most of this already having a steady stream of cats for almost 40 years, but some I didn't know. I don't know what I would do with out them, even the one that starts waking me up every morning around 2:30 a.m. He's a bugger. 

Valued Contributor

I had a kitty live to 22 years old.He beat up my 15 yr old when I was trying to introduce them. He died 2 weeks later when he stopped eating and diagnosed with cancer. My others have made it to 14-16.My 15 yr old was recently diagnosed with thryoidism but Dr. vet said he had the healthiest senior panels he had seen for a 15 yr old. yeah! I always worry about their kidneys.

My 4 kitties love my husband but they LOVE me. DH calls me the Queen. Doing the official wave  from behind my computerCat Very Happy

Regular Contributor

Fun to read! Thanks for sharing! I love cats & have three right now!

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

Thanks, @lolakimono . I knew most of this already having a steady stream of cats for almost 40 years, but some I didn't know. I don't know what I would do with out them, even the one that starts waking me up every morning around 2:30 a.m. He's a bugger. 

@catter70 

Oh no!  That's what I call "taking the flight to nowhere", when you have to get up at the crack of dawn, disoriented, to go to the airport for an early morning flight- except there is no airplane to catch, LOL. 

Frequent Contributor

The last fact was new to me.  Thanks so much.